+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silicon seals ?

RBW Member Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem's Avatar

Silicon seals ?

I see that SItech has now Silicon seals available, which can be mounted on the quick cuff system for the hands, and on the necktite system for the neck (here, 6th from the top). Apparently DUI is also coming up with a similar system.
    I would like to get feedback from this crowd about both the silicon seals and the necktite system. Thanks.

RBW Member RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7/Predator

CUDA 650

Re: Silicon seals ?

Hi Guilhem,

A friend of mine installed the neck and wrist seals from SiTech in a Dive Rite 905, he is very happy, two other guys are ordering for their Dry Suits based on my friend review.

[]'s
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Guilhem  View Original Post
    I see that SItech has now Silicon seals available, which can be mounted on the quick cuff system for the hands, and on the necktite system for the neck (here, 6th from the top). Apparently DUI is also coming up with a similar system.
    I would like to get feedback from this crowd about both the silicon seals and the necktite system. Thanks.
    Last edited by RogerioWagner; 18th March 2011 at 18:51. Reason: spell

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

They're great until they tear.

i've only briefly used the Waterproof ones, when sand got into the wrist ring, they very quickly developed a tear!

RBW Member Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem's Avatar

But aren't they more resistant to tear than the usual latex ones ?
    I'm just wondering if they're worth the investment (apparently they can't be glued on and require the necktite system to be attached to the suit).

Neldive Neldive is on a distinguished road Neldive is on a distinguished road Neldive's Avatar
    Titan

Ray

Hi all, I just conduct a try dive with the new waterproof D1 suit, and those silicone seals are amazing!!!!
    Very comfortable, I had no leaques and if they tear you can replace then in seconds even the neck one. We had no issues, aparetly the guys in Sydney got holes in the seals do to sand, the ceo of waterproof told me he will be looking into it.
    Well worth to retro fit in any dry suit. Just my $0.02

Neldive Neldive is on a distinguished road Neldive is on a distinguished road Neldive's Avatar
    Titan

Ray

Hi every one, i just conduct a try dive with the new D1 waterproof suit, awesome suit and those silicone seals just amazing, very comfy and dry no leaques. You can actualy change then in seconds including the neck seal . No glue no messing around, The ceo of waterproof was there and he mention they had a problem with sand lodged in the seal in Sydney and he will look in to it but aparently you just need to make sure there are no sand in the seal.
    Well worth to retrofitt any dry suit. Just my $0.02

RBW Member graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk is a jewel in the rough graham_hk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guilhem  View Original Post
    But aren't they more resistant to tear than the usual latex ones ?
    I'm just wondering if they're worth the investment (apparently they can't be glued on and require the necktite system to be attached to the suit).
    Not more resistant than latex

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk  View Original Post
    Not more resistant than latex

Definitely not as strong as latex, I was helping my buddy get dressed and as I pulled on his wrist seal to stick a bit of his glove liner under the seal it seal tore completely in half. He was using the SiTec seals as well, he did report that the neck seal felt amazing though.

Rob

Ok, thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm going to wait untel my latex seals need be replaced to reconsider then.

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Neldive  View Original Post
    Hi every one, i just conduct a try dive with the new D1 waterproof suit, awesome suit and those silicone seals just amazing, very comfy and dry no leaques. You can actualy change then in seconds including the neck seal . No glue no messing around, The ceo of waterproof was there and he mention they had a problem with sand lodged in the seal in Sydney and he will look in to it but aparently you just need to make sure there are no sand in the seal.
    Well worth to retrofitt any dry suit. Just my $0.02
    Can you tell us more about the try dive with the D1?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast