+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diving a Titan I missile complex

Diving a Titan I missile complex

A little while back the Maritime Documentation Society and DCS Films (from Seattle) was asked to come and film some dives in a Titan I missile complex. We put together a DocuMini of the trip.
    Enjoy!
    Dan

History and video at the bottom of the page:

Diving Missile silo

CEO DiveNav, Inc. DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav's Avatar

Re: Diving a Titan I missile complex

NICE!
    We should put this in the simulator

Alberto (aka eDiver)

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

good stuff mate... that is some i interesting hisotry.. are there any "legally" diveable silos or complexes?

Yes it is legal to dive. Some are still government owned and those are definitely illegal, and guarded quite well. But there are a handful in the US that can be done. This one is owned by a gentleman named Gene Bruns, and well worth the visit.

Missile Silo

Quote Originally Posted by DiveNav  View Original Post
    NICE!
    We should put this in the simulator

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I agree!

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Very, Very Cool.......

I might have to spend an additional week next time I'm in Washington and have a look around this place!!!

What are the usual run times on CCR, depths and water temps in Summer ??

Regards,

Lance

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

Just added that to my list of places to dive.

Rob Clemes iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl's Avatar
    Apeks Meg

KISS Sport, Copis Meg

Wow !! What a playground :) Very interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Very, Very Cool.......

I might have to spend an additional week next time I'm in Washington and have a look around this place!!!

What are the usual run times on CCR, depths and water temps in Summer ??

Regards,

Lance
    Well worth it indeed! We did about an hour in the first silo, and 45 in the second silo. The equipment rooms which all four levels can be explored, we quickly swam through. You can make your own dive times, that's what great. There are dive masters with you, but if they see that you are accomplished divers, they just let you go and do your thing. BUT, on the other hand, they were very excellent in keeping us on a time schedule because we had A LOT to see. We got there in the early morning and left after it was dark. It is easily a whole days excursion.
    Max depth in silo 1 was 108 ft in silo 2 just less than that, the equipment rooms I think were around 80 ft at the bottom floor.

In winter when we went the temp was 47 degrees F. In the summer, I'd expect it not to get much warmer than that, since it has no contact with the sun, although the sun reflecting off the silo doors may make it a touch warmer in the silo-I don't know.

D

CEO DiveNav, Inc. DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by romer treece  View Original Post
    I agree!
    Let's do it!

Get me the plans and we will recreate it in 3D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast