+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: My very own snivel thread

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

My very own snivel thread

I can't frickin' stand it. I have Teledyne sensors in my rEvo and have had some awesomely good luck with them. #1 is 18 months old, #2 is 15 months old, #3 is 9 months old, #4 (actually an AI cell) is 6 months old.

I just put them all in a cell checker to test them again. They are all spot on in regards to linearity.

It just "tweeks my melon" to have to throw out a cell that is still working. It is not the cost that pisses me off, I just have a problem throwing away something until it is completely fracked.

Then I am going to have to do it again in 3 more months.

I know, I know, what is my life worth and all that crap. Ask any of my supposed friends and they really don't value my arse as being worth a crappy cell, let alone a new one.

Just so ya'all don't come down on me too hard, I will let you know that I have already ordered a couple of new cells and will be replacing them as time dictates. I just hope #2 dies during a dive instead of me scraping another good cell.

OK, my lil rant is over. Get your asses back to the regularly scheduled internet learning and diving.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Re: My very own snivel thread

Don,
    Hold up there just a minute will you? When you say that you have checked them in a cell checker are you putting them below 2.0? What is your response time from 21% to 100% then to 2.0 or below @ 100%?

Times have changed for those that have the tools and throwing away cells that are working under tests of the outer boundaries of our requirements is IMHO silly. Our old stand by of 1 year is from days before we had solid ways of knowing linearity.

Others can chime in with their thoughts but IMHO throwing away an in limit cell with good response is a crap shoot with the next cell you put in.

Bobby

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I didn't time the response. I do know from diving them that they still respond quickly.

I checked in air and then flushed with 100%. After that it was pressureized to .2 bar, .4 bar, .6bar, .8 bar, and then 1.0 bar.

The reading were typed into my spreadsheat to check and they were good. The readings followed the chart on the inside of the narked at 90 checker lid too.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

3 months? I thought Paul's recommendation was to replace the lowest cell every 6 months. I'll have to read the article again.

RBW Member Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee's Avatar
    OPTIMA

I think you arse is worth at least a new cell.

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee  View Original Post
    I think you arse is worth at least a new cell.

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

3 months? I thought Paul's recommendation was to replace the lowest cell every 6 months. I'll have to read the article again.
    Yes, but #2 will be 18 months old then.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

just swap it with the #4 position cell. use until 18 months or performance limited. and............

QUIT FRIGGIN WHINING!

Jeff Tindall icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima

Same boat here bud. I had 4 GREAT Teledyne's in my unit. Started swapping them out and my NEW cells respond slower than my old ones (i.e. they lag by about 4-5 seconds after a flush). This is still after three months of swapping it out. I'm getting ready to swap out another, but really hate to when I feel comfortable with my existing cells.

And yes, the cell checker is happy with them too.

Perhaps we can have a remix of the Lamb Chops song... "This is the cell that never ends. Yes, it goes on and on my friends..."

Cheers,
    Jeff

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    ......... #1 is 18 months old, .........
    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    just swap it with the #4 position cell. use until 18 months or performance limited. and............

QUIT FRIGGIN WHINING!

Your antique eyeballs must be having problems again, you old fart!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast