+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: SF2 - Rebreather

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: SF2 - Rebreather

I'm finally getting to the point of developing a need for a Bail Out Rebreather, since I'm becoming allergic to the need to carry 5-6 AL80 stages for OC bailout.

Since I already use an SF2, buying a SF2 Sidemount and mounting 2 300Bar 1.5L Kevlar Paintball tanks with SS Liners, in line, on it seems like an easy solution. I'll get Tobias from WingsNMore to form mounts onto the outside of the upper and lower CF tubes for the tanks. I can buy G5/8" Din valves for the 5/8" x 18 UNF tank neck threads so that isn't going to be a problem. I'll probably mount the petrel 2 controller on the upper tube in front of the first tank just under the hdpe head.

Has anybody already set up a SF2 as a BOB with mounted tanks, or has implemented something similar? If you have a few good ideas that I know nothing about please let me know.

Even though I'm still pissed about the piss-poor experiences I've had ordering parts from ScubaForce/Dive2Gether I'll probably get another one, as long as I don't have to deal with them myself.

Michael

RBW Member onliner67 is an unknown quantity at this point onliner67's Avatar
    SF2 mCCR

rEvo mCCR, Submatix mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    Has anybody already set up a SF2 as a BOB with mounted tanks, or has implemented something similar? If you have a few good ideas that I know nothing about please let me know.
    I've tried a sidemount configuration with a mounted o2 bottle, but it doesn't work for me, because of a poor wob with different mounting solutions. So i'll use the backmounted configuration again.

Regards

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by onliner67  View Original Post
    I've tried a sidemount configuration with a mounted o2 bottle, but it doesn't work for me, because of a poor wob with different mounting solutions. So i'll use the backmounted configuration again.

Regards
    were you using air as your diluent or 797 as your sorb? Both work really well to make diving an SF2 a real pain. CD grade (2.5-5mm) sorb and at least 50% He in the mix make diving an SF2 acceptable, but the WOB is a long way off from what a good rebreather has to offer (See Liberty w OTS Counterlungs).

Michael

RBW Member onliner67 is an unknown quantity at this point onliner67's Avatar
    SF2 mCCR

rEvo mCCR, Submatix mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    were you using air as your diluent or 797 as your sorb? Both work really well to make diving an SF2 a real pain. CD grade (2.5-5mm) sorb and at least 50% He in the mix make diving an SF2 acceptable, but the WOB is a long way off from what a good rebreather has to offer (See Liberty w OTS Counterlungs).

Michael
    I use CD grade (2.5-5mm) sorb and air diluent. It works perfectly in the backmounted configuration, but worse in the sidemount. Other divers without a mounted bottle on the rebreather, says that the wob of the SF2 is good in the sidemount configuration. But i can't try this, because i've changed my SF2 to a mCCR system.

Regards

Volker

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

here is Short review from my recent trip to the SF2 factory in Germany.

Highlighting some of the setup for the rig in Sidemount configuration

Sf2 ECCR Sidemount & Backmount ECCR Factory training review.

http://tech-ccr.blogspot.com

SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

I'm glad to hear that only a half dozen units have had to go back to the factory for repair.
    Mine was back at the factory in April, and now if I can't cure the steady slight stream of bubbles between the tapered and cylindical parts of the HDPE head it'll go back again.
    My instructor's SF2 ended up being returned to the factory and sent from the factory to Narkedat90 for a controller repair, another of the SF2s that have been sold in my area has also been back to the factory several times. Maybe my area of 150 sqkm just got all the lemons and is responsable for 50% of the returns.
    I still like my unit, but I'm way past the hype stage and fully realize all the disadvantages of designing an ECCR around a RB80 PSCR.

Michael

RBW Member sea_ledford is an unknown quantity at this point sea_ledford's Avatar
    SF2

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    here is Short review from my recent trip to the SF2 factory in Germany.

Highlighting some of the setup for the rig in Sidemount configuration

Sf2 ECCR Sidemount & Backmount ECCR Factory training review.

http://tech-ccr.blogspot.com
    How is the new sidemount dsv?

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

The one i recently picked up with my sidemount rig with the rotating chin guard is very nicely made, well balanced in the water, the purge hole could be a tad larger to purge water but it works well, their was mention a smaller one may be in the pipeline but no complaints.

RBW Member TotDoc is an unknown quantity at this point TotDoc's Avatar
    SF2

I'm very interested in this thing - I was debating making the jump to a rebreather sometime within the next year, and this is at the top of my list, largely because of the ability to sidemount the unit. I am very curious, however, what people think of this one vs the Revo. Anyone who has used both that can chime in?

RBW Member Jens Kallmeyer is an unknown quantity at this point Jens Kallmeyer's Avatar
    SF2

modified russian

HI

I tested both (Revo, SF2) and eventually decided to buy a SF2, the decision was rather made by my gut feeling than any logic, the SF2 just felt better. I put it on my back, started the test dive and thought.....that's how it should feel like. You might come to a completely different conclusion. I would definitely recommend a test dive on both units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5