+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SF2 - Rebreather

lEEbo lEEblEEdErs seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick's Avatar
    rEvo II Micro FT mCCR

Shearwater Meg DCCCR

Re: SF2 - Rebreather

Looks perfect for a SM BOB

Best regards,
    SS

RBW Member yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves's Avatar

I had the honor and most of all the pleasure to test dive the SF2 yesterday.
    I dear to say to have some experience on several rebreathers, diving them from 2001 on and being teaching.
    The first shock was the weight, if I compare that with the Sentinel (I sold:) its astonishing.
    Using a CF200 DUI and fourth element subxero and thermal underwear I needed 3kg of weight. It was sharp but it worked.
    The second shock was the position the unit forces you in into the water, being as horizontal as you ever can be. No work, or better for all those of you who have being teaching many students on Inspirations as I do, the fight to not go head up diving and in their first dives braking the surface whilst diving on -3m.
    Test where done between -2m and -8m where I personally think you should test a CCR as they all work great at depth. Except for one unit I'd rather not mention who flooded in full several times around -60m in about 4seconds...Diving the unit in head up position is not nice at all, but that is not my most favorite position in caves or water in general:saucy:

A great unit, solid as a rock and yes, I ordered one

yves

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Quote Originally Posted by yves  View Original Post
    The first shock was the weight, if I compare that with the Sentinel (I sold:) its astonishing.
    yves
    Hi Yves,
    You mean "astonishing" light?! :)
    By the way, is the SF2 "orderable" without the electronics?
    Thanks,
    Jale

RBW Member yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jale  View Original Post
    Hi Yves,
    You mean "astonishing" light?! :)
    By the way, is the SF2 "orderable" without the electronics?
    Thanks,
    Jale
    Indeed light :)

By the end of the month I will have all info as then I will become Instructor on it, but I guess not as in order to keep the CE approval it will have to come with the electronics

greets

RBW Member Mr B. is an unknown quantity at this point Mr B.'s Avatar
    Sentinel - Ouroboros

Quote Originally Posted by yves  View Original Post
    I had the honor and most of all the pleasure to test dive the SF2 yesterday.
    I dear to say to have some experience on several rebreathers, diving them from 2001 on and being teaching.
    Using a CF200 DUI and fourth element subxero and thermal underwear I needed 3kg of weight. It was sharp but it worked.
    The second shock was the position the unit forces you in into the water, being as horizontal as you ever can be. No work, or better for all those of you who have being teaching many students on Inspirations as I do, the fight to not go head up diving and in their first dives braking the surface whilst diving on -3m.
    Test where done between -2m and -8m where I personally think you should test a CCR as they all work great at depth. Except for one unit I'd rather not mention who flooded in full several times around -60m in about 4seconds...Diving the unit in head up position is not nice at all, but that is not my most favorite position in caves or water in general:saucy:

A great unit, solid as a rock and yes, I ordered one

yves

Congratulations mate. I guess you buy it from Tom. Welcome to the club.
    BTW. I don't need lead at all, with Otter trilaminate and 200G Otter underwear.

RBW Member Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes's Avatar

First dive with my SF2...

Regards, Alkermes.

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

A fun little video about the SF2

SF2 project - YouTube

RBW Member joker is an unknown quantity at this point joker's Avatar
    HH

BI APD

Quote Originally Posted by Alkermes  View Original Post

Regards, Alkermes.
    very nice!
    interesting configuration of the valves of the cylinder to the top of the machine.

RBW Member joker is an unknown quantity at this point joker's Avatar
    HH

BI APD

Quote Originally Posted by Alkermes  View Original Post
    very nice!
    interesting configuration of the valves of the cylinder to the top of the machine.

RBW Member sea_ledford is an unknown quantity at this point sea_ledford's Avatar
    SF2

Quote Originally Posted by joker  View Original Post
    very nice!
    The SF2 is the sidemounted one. The one on his back is a Meg.

The SF2 has an internally mounted counterlung, so even back mounted there wouldn't be visible CLs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast