+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making RebreatherWorld more readable

RBW Member rsanders is an unknown quantity at this point rsanders's Avatar
    Optima FX

Making RebreatherWorld more readable

I find the current RBW styling difficult to read -- blue on blue on blue. So I hacked up a user stylesheet so that it's a little easier on my eyes. You can see before & after pics below.

You need to have an extension installed in your browser to use it. There are many which would probably work, but I've had success with the ones below:

Firefox - Stylish
    Chrome - Chrome Stylist or tHema.
    There is also Stylish, but it was somewhat unstable for me
    Safari - User CSS
    IE - I'm sure there's something

Once you have the Stylish extension installed, you load the stylesheet from this link:

RebreatherWorld Unblue - Themes and Skins for rebreatherworld.com - userstyles.org

I've also attached the raw CSS for those extensions that you cut & paste into. Each one works differently, but the basic idea is the attached CSS should be used for any URL on domain "www.rebreatherworld.com" or matching URL pattern http://www.rebreatherworld.com/*
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Making RebreatherWorld more readable

I've just installed it, that's not bad. I will decide in a few days if it's really more readable like this.
    Thank you for the tip.

RBW Member rsanders is an unknown quantity at this point rsanders's Avatar
    Optima FX

Re: Making RebreatherWorld more readable

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    I've just installed it, that's not bad. I will decide in a few days if it's really more readable like this.
    Last night I was doing a lot of reading of old threads and it felt like I was trying to read a small print book 200 ft deep in the Atlantic. But to each their own.

You can always fiddle with it to be more to your taste. Most of the stylesheet was copied from another vBulletin userstyle so I don't know what all of it does, but there are some key sections:
    • body and .page - lots of defaults, including text font, color, and background
    • a:link, a:visited, etc. - styling for links, including article titles in the list.
    • .tborder - text color for article headers
    • .alt1, .alt2 - article list text

I also like the text a little bigger, but I just use my browser's zoom to do that.

+ Reply to Thread