+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rinquelle - john volanthen exploring the downstream

RBW Member wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey's Avatar

Rinquelle - john volanthen exploring the downstream

John Volanthen brings to an end the exploration of the Rinquelle in Switzerland and tells us about his epic dive in the downstream pathway.

YouTube - platypusgroup's Channel

RBW Member eramosakarst is an unknown quantity at this point eramosakarst's Avatar

Re: Rinquelle - john volanthen exploring the downstream

Thank you for posting this! You and your group post some fascinating and well done videos! an wonderful collection you share

it never ceases to amaze me as to what John V and co horts are pushing-true exploers to the core.Nice to see Jochem get some dues as well

Cave safe

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

fantastic, thanks for posting.
    i have the greatest respect for john and the guys

kind regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

Silver Mine Junkie Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan's Avatar
    Sentinel

Getting there is half the fun, hey? :)
    Some serious exploring for sure...

Could you supply some more info about the Rinquelle? Depths, distances, water temp etc.

Guessing from the 3.5 hours and two sidemounted cylinders, depths are either moderate and/or combined with long dry sections.

Cheers

/Jonas
    Last edited by Dragan; 7th March 2011 at 21:46. Reason: Typo

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

two sidemount and castoro c96 ventral kiss modified!
    for me it's all under water, 1450 meters, max depth 24 meters, temp 7° celcius

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by laphiloche  View Original Post
    two sidemount and castoro c96 ventral kiss modified!
    for me it's all under water, 1450 meters, max depth 24 meters, temp 7° celcius

Now that is interesting, when you have some time I'd love to see some pics of your rig. Cheers.

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by wookey  View Original Post

John Volanthen brings to an end the exploration of the Rinquelle in Switzerland and tells us about his epic dive in the downstream pathway.

YouTube - platypusgroup's Channel

Hats off to those guys - typical understatement "the down stream is very dangerous....". Love caving videos - means I don't need to do it myself.....

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

John Volanthen C-96

more info here, it's really a "big" cave diver

RBW Member Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo, Meg, X-CCR

I enjoyed that, thanks for sharing.

Kieran

RBW Member wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragan  View Original Post
    Getting there is half the fun, hey? :)
    Some serious exploring for sure...

Could you supply some more info about the Rinquelle? Depths, distances, water temp etc.

Guessing from the 3.5 hours and two sidemounted cylinders, depths are either moderate and/or combined with long dry sections.

Cheers

/Jonas
    la philoche in si guessing is quite right:

24m max depht, 850 from the entrance for the end of the downstream and 970m from the entrance for the upstream dive and sump4 dive.
    the dry section ist beyond the upstream branch and is about 40m to 50m were before diving in sump4 john climbed a chemney to look if there was any chance to find a ongoing galery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast