+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eagles Nest trip report

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Eagles Nest trip report

Jeff and myself ventured over to Eagles Nest again this weekend. Jeff needs the practice with his new rEvo and I figured that what better place than a 300' deep cave in the middle of nowhere.

We had planned on this to be my maiden voyage with my new UV-26, but that didn't happen. Problems with the clutch put the kaboosh on that plan. I clipped it to the log at 20' and forced Jeff to do a swim dive with me. Needless to say, we have to revamp our dive plan for this little setback. I led as we went downstream. I put a jump in at the lockwood tunnel and we checked out that area. first time that I had been there. We hit our planned turn time and turned the dive. On the way out, I grabbed my camera (staged at the mound with our 32% tanks) and practiced with it a bit. If I have any shots that are worth a darn, I will post them later.

Second day. I used Jeff's scotter and he used his spare N-19 so that we could still do a scooter dive. We did not have a backup scooter and we trimmed our planned dive time accordingly. Jeff led and we went upstream this time. We did the Super Room circuit on the way in and continued in further. the vis was probably close to 60', but the vastness of this place sucked up the light. It seemed a bit hazy or smoky.
    Both dives were under 3 hours and deco was a personal concert with my MP3 player.

I am Beta testing the new sofware update (D8) for the SW predator and found a bug in it during this dive. NOT the best place to have a problem, but it all worked out. I will be contacting Tyler to get it sorted out. The new features are a real joy to use and like all their stuff - NO MANUAL NEEDED - very intuitive, even underwater.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: Eagles Nest trip report

Vince, one of our OC monkey buddies:

Jeff maintaining trim by being plastered to the ceiling:

Little Jeff in BIG cave:

Dead UV-26:
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread