+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: International Rebreather Event SAFAGA/Egypt 06.23.-06.30.2011

Supporting Member IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ's Avatar

International Rebreather Event SAFAGA/Egypt 06.23.-06.30.2011

Hello Rebreather Divers,

IARTand ORCA would like to inform you that the 2. International Rebreather Event will again take place at Orca Diving in Safaga this Summer (see attached PDF).

Those of you that attended last year, making it a very successful and enjoyable event are especially welcome again but ORCA are making more spaces available this year so that we expect up to 80 participants.

If you were not there last year -don't miss it this time!

Best Regards
    Chris and Neil
    Attached Files

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Re: International Rebreather Event SAFAGA/Egypt 06.23.-06.30.2011

Isn't Egypt in the middle of a civil war or a revolution of sorts? I can't imagine that travel to that part of the world would be particularly safe at this time.

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    Isn't Egypt in the middle of a civil war or a revolution of sorts? I can't imagine that travel to that part of the world would be particularly safe at this time.

Most of Sinai with dive resorts in particular have not been disturbed by the events on the mainland. Some tourists have left proactively and there were temporary issues with the supplies at the time, but that's about it. Otherwise, business as usual.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

RBW Member TomasPersson is an unknown quantity at this point TomasPersson's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Vision, MkVI, SE7EN

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Szopinski  View Original Post

Most of Sinai with dive resorts in particular have not been disturbed by the events on the mainland. Some tourists have left proactively and there were temporary issues with the supplies at the time, but that's about it. Otherwise, business as usual.
    As far as I know, Safaga IS on the mainland. Still, the situation in Egypt has improved considerably. At this time I would say that I wouldn't hesitate to go to Egypt for a vacation; I would, however, be a little bit hesitant in bringing my family.

/Tomas

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

I was in Hurgada at points during the week 4th-11th Feb (at the height of the demonstrations etc) and apart from being very quiet it was business as usual.
    HTH
    Simon A

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    I was in Hurgada at points during the week 4th-11th Feb (at the height of the demonstrations etc) and apart from being very quiet it was business as usual.
    HTH
    Simon A
    same for me, no hesitation at all to fly over there.

I already booked my spot at the event

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Supporting Member IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ's Avatar

We have waited until now to advertise the event to ensure that the political unrest in Egypt has calmed down. However even in the worst of the demonstrations there was no real cause for concern down in the diving areas. If any of you are in two minds then just email ORCA to get an update on affairs.

Best Regards
    IART HQ
    Neil
    Last edited by IART HQ; 6th March 2011 at 08:13.

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    HTH
    Simon A

I suppose flying direct from Europe to Hurghada shouldn't be any problem.
    Coming from Asia we have to go through Cairo then to Hurghada.
    Got some harassing from the X-Ray guy regarding the tanks at Cairo Departure Terminal to Dubai last December after the rEvo training with Paul.
    I am still looking at how to avoid Cairo to Hurghada from Asia.

Davy

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Smile Re: International Rebreather Event SAFAGA/Egypt 06.23.-06.30.2011

I encountered the same problem too. Going through Hurghada was smooth, but not Cairo. I was told to unwrapped my luggage with my nicely packed breather in it, worse was when I have already shoved out the two valves from my backpack.

Wish there's a direct flight to Hurghada instead of transiting in Cairo.

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

There aren't any flights to Hurghada, best I know of is to pick up the Royal Jordanian flight from Amman to Sharm and then get a ferry or flight to Hurghada.

If anyone knows of anything better please post.