+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trip report and the problems that go with it.

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Re: Trip report and the problems that go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    And if they read any of my "Addis Charters" trip reports, they would know about all the OTHER addictions that they have been supporting too.

i'll second that from my experience at addis charters lodge

RBW Member broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony13  View Original Post
    Don you pull a neg and leave it overnight? I thought this wasn't a good thing for the mushroom valves. When setting up my rEvo the night before I will do a neg for a few minutes, then will do it again on predive. Is it comon practice for everyone to leave it alot longer?

Tony
    We have a GG Shrimp BOV on our Inspos that use the same Draeger mushrooms. My wife left hers in neg test for 24 hours the other week and when I was checking the mushrooms her exhale one had formed noticeable indentations where it had been pressed against it's mount. It was of enough concern for me to swap it out even though it was still functioning normally.

Since then the indented mushroom appears to have returned largely to it's original flatness. The only reason I noticed is that it's so easy to check the mushrooms on the Shrimp BO due to the bayonet fittings.

Our Inspos would hold a neg all week but we'll be making sure we modify how long we run that test for in future !!

Hope that helps

G

RBW Member mike_123 will become famous soon enough mike_123 will become famous soon enough mike_123 will become famous soon enough mike_123's Avatar
    Classic KISS #336

Quote Originally Posted by broady  View Original Post
    We have a GG Shrimp BOV on our Inspos that use the same Draeger mushrooms. My wife left hers in neg test for 24 hours the other week and when I was checking the mushrooms her exhale one had formed noticeable indentations where it had been pressed against it's mount. It was of enough concern for me to swap it out even though it was still functioning normally.

Since then the indented mushroom appears to have returned largely to it's original flatness. The only reason I noticed is that it's so easy to check the mushrooms on the Shrimp BO due to the bayonet fittings.

Our Inspos would hold a neg all week but we'll be making sure we modify how long we run that test for in future !!

Hope that helps

G
    Interesting. It seems to me that, ideally, the pressure difference across the mushroom valves should be zero. A stressed exhale valve indicates that the loop is positive wrt the cavity in the Shrimp - though they would surely have started out equal.

I guess you'll never get a perfect neg, there will always be some gas finding it's way in. Maybe the hoses, etc. contract a bit too during an extended test and reduce the loop volume.

Is that what's going on, or am I missing something ?

Mike

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Doing a Negative Test for any longer than a few minutes, at the most, is mental masturbation. Any serious issues will show up the first minute of the test.

Richie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3