+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Tapatalk Installed on RBW

RBW Member JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes's Avatar
    Not to add fuel to the fire - I should have stated that the only forums to display the weirdness is RBW and TDS. SB and others work fine and as one would expect.

Curt, if there is anything you can upgrade server side I'm happy to be your client side guinea pig and feed back to you etc.

Cheers,
    J

RBW Member JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes has a spectacular aura about JClynes's Avatar
    Also happy to send you screen shots of the weirdness if this helps you visualise the issues I and perhaps others are experiencing.

J

GUE Diver OkiMike will become famous soon enough OkiMike will become famous soon enough OkiMike will become famous soon enough OkiMike's Avatar
    Thinking about an RB80 or Meg

Re: Tapatalk Installed on RBW

Can I take this moment to ask the mods to install the ForumRunner plug-in then?

I believe you can register the forum at ForumRunner.net (look for the "Do you have a forum?"-like link.

I much prefer it Tapatalk and think I requested this add-on quite some time ago.

Thanks!

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by OkiMike  View Original Post
    Can I take this moment to ask the mods to install the ForumRunner plug-in then?

I believe you can register the forum at ForumRunner.net (look for the "Do you have a forum?"-like link.

I much prefer it Tapatalk and think I requested this add-on quite some time ago.

Thanks!
    Howard is my IT man and he is away in the Dominican republic for a little longer. Thus until he returns, everything will be required to wait.

RBW Member garwa is an unknown quantity at this point garwa's Avatar
    Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Mine is working just fine, so I cant fix what does not appear to be broken. Even if it seems LAME to you......
    If you read the other posts, he stated that other forums were acting the same way. Or are you to LAME to read them? sorry
    Well, the exact same issue exist also on my iPhone 3GS version (RBW) so from my perspective there is something wrong in the server side here. Either forum software, Tapatalk or server settings for threads. I find it weird that all the entries are in descending order ie. latest entries display first and first entry last in a thread. There is lots of scrolling for example if thread is popular and has lots of entries.
    As I mentioned I have discovered no issues in my club's forum (on phpBB platform) and also domestic dive forum (vBulletin Version 4.1.3 platform). But in RBW this issue is constant.
    And as I work in technical support myself for testing tools (client-server environments) and if one of my customers says that there's some issue (in sw) and if he/she provides enough data or there's others with similar issue - hell yeah I will also check the server side for possible issues instead of just directly saying "naah, there's nothing here at our end, nothing to update - it's your issue, deal with it" - you see my point Curt? I apologize if you felt offended merely my intention was to "shake the foundations" and to make sure that all the possible has been done. Now I rest my case and use RBW with internet browsers only.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

My IT guy is out of country on a job, he will look at it when he returns.

That's the best I can do right now

Quote Originally Posted by garwa  View Original Post
    Well, the exact same issue exist also on my iPhone 3GS version (RBW) so from my perspective there is something wrong in the server side here. Either forum software, Tapatalk or server settings for threads. I find it weird that all the entries are in descending order ie. latest entries display first and first entry last in a thread. There is lots of scrolling for example if thread is popular and has lots of entries.
    As I mentioned I have discovered no issues in my club's forum (on phpBB platform) and also domestic dive forum (vBulletin Version 4.1.3 platform). But in RBW this issue is constant.
    And as I work in technical support myself for testing tools (client-server environments) and if one of my customers says that there's some issue (in sw) and if he/she provides enough data or there's others with similar issue - hell yeah I will also check the server side for possible issues instead of just directly saying "naah, there's nothing here at our end, nothing to update - it's your issue, deal with it" - you see my point Curt? I apologize if you felt offended merely my intention was to "shake the foundations" and to make sure that all the possible has been done. Now I rest my case and use RBW with internet browsers only.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Works fine on my iPhone and iPad
    Kinda suggests its a user setting in the tapatalk client. Maybe take a look there guys? (I dont use it, so cant help)

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Works fine on my iPhone 4 with latest Tapatalk client.
    Possibly some language settings in your client?

RBW Member M_Bipartitus will become famous soon enough M_Bipartitus will become famous soon enough M_Bipartitus will become famous soon enough M_Bipartitus's Avatar
    I have it working on the latest app version and an iPhone 3G. However, there were many times in the past that I was not able to get rebreatherworld to load while other forums worked fine.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

No problem whatsoever here on Android 2.3.x, iPad 2, or iPhone 4G