Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Were are the members posts?

RBW Member Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon's Avatar
    Evolution

Inspiration

Were are the members posts?

Recently I've noticed that there seems to be fewer and fewer posts when logging on.

Were have the members gone? It seems every other poster, and I do mean this after looking at threads, are either a sponsor, supporter or both.

What's happening? Were have the every day CCR diver gone?

It seems there are plenty of manufacturers, advertisers and instructors about. But the people who the forum was set up for are few and far between.

RBW Member Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

IDA-72, IDA-71

Re: Were are the members posts?

I have been pondering the same question for a while now. It seems the "old" contributers with masses of knowledge have all left, or become very quiet.

Seems they have stopped contributing, which is a sad day for somebody like me that tries to learn something from the forum

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Pretorius  View Original Post
    I have been pondering the same question for a while now. It seems the "old" contributers with masses of knowledge have all left, or become very quiet.

Seems they have stopped contributing, which is a sad day for somebody like me that tries to learn something from the forum
    Vicious circle. The people with the answers go elsewhere so the people with the questions go elsewhere so more people with answers go elsewhere because there's no questions.

I've tuned out a bit because there's too much backslapping and too many people who can't cope with anything that deviates from their way of thinking. There has also been too much Septic flag waving in the last few months for my liking. I hate to break it to some people but most of the world is outside North America. The recent rest of the world is shite without us thread left a very bad taste in my mouth as has jingoistic comments on the recent CE one.

Forums have lifespans, they eventually get old and flabby.

New Member Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary's Avatar

Nothing to do with this place becoming increasingly USA-centric, sponsor driven and over moderated then....................

I love Myself Darren A is infamous around these parts Darren A is infamous around these parts Darren A is infamous around these parts Darren A is infamous around these parts Darren A is infamous around these parts Darren A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary  View Original Post
    Nothing to do with this place becoming increasingly USA-centric, sponsor driven and over moderated then....................
    You can understand why Curt is pursuing this business plan, the target "idiot" market in the US is quite large :)

I used to enoy dropping in here, seeing the exchanges between Dr Mike and DS - real worthwhile tech discussions about stuff I had never even considered. RBW now just seems to be an advert for "supporters", not "members".
    Last edited by EBT; 26th February 2011 at 23:26. Reason: moderated by a brit. being an arsehole is only mitigated if its witty and amusing

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darren A  View Original Post
    You can understand why Curt (is it me our is his name mispelt, requiring an "n" :) ) is pursuing this business plan, the target "idiot" market in the US is quite large :)

I used to enoy dropping in here, seeing the exchanges between Dr Mike and DS - real worthwhile tech discussions about stuff I had never even considered. RBW now just seems to be an advert for "supporters", not "members".
    Bad form Darren, I see your last post was October 2008 and you only have contributed a total of 9. It would seem you have a blatant hatred toward Curt. Have you ever met him? Shame on you for the above name change! You are free to leave at any time if you are not happy.

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Now, to address the thread itself. Can you please be more specific on the posts disappearing that way it gives me a fair chance to respond. There is no reason to be nasty, I am asking so I can perhaps explain. If I don't know, I'll certainly find out and post.

Thank you

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Darren, that was completely uncalled for. RBW contains a wealth of information and the current forum owners, moderators, and affiliated business partners are continuing to push the envelope further into new areas every day. Of course, if you feel something is lacking, you can always take the initiative to contribute. But here is my feedback on your post - if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Cheers, mate.

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

moderation is an art. As in sailing, for the ship to continue to move forward, the rudder of moderation must be finely tuned against the tension of controversy that fills the sails with wind. We are seeing a lot less controversy, but less "wind" as well.

I can not point fingers, I doubt I could do as good a job, but sometimes it's more important to understand what people's impression is than trying to disprove their concerns with the site. So here is my impression, which I have little interest in defending, take from it what you will.

I do think some people have been coming away with the impression that the site has become more favored to manufacturers and less of a place for the free exchange of ideas and feedback on gear and theories. A dive magazine now owns this forum, that comes with pros and cons, and I believe it will be very challenging over time to balance the commercial interests and personal ties within the industry with the readers desire to find unfiltered feedback from users of gear and to express themselves openly, within the context of the TOS.

For a while controversy was allowed to get way out of hand, with total BS posts being tolerated, with one of the least valuable most controversial contributors being defended and even promoted to moderator status. Things then went way in the other direction. An example: now a certain subject is tolerated under certain circumstances in some threads while entire threads are removed without any explanation, presumably as an enforcement that the same subject is off limits entirely.

Maybe it's time to turn the ship back into the wind some.

Kind Regards,
    George
    Last edited by Gill Envy; 26th February 2011 at 23:49.

Gill Envy

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Darren A  View Original Post
    You can understand why Curt is pursuing this business plan, the target "idiot" market in the US is quite large :)

Derwood

I would like to thank you for your total 9 posts you have made since 2008.

The vast knowledge you have contributed to the diving world as a whole is overwhelming.

Some day I wish that I will be able to contribute 1/10th as much.

Again, thanks

Curt or **** as you call me
    Last edited by Linda Bowen; 27th February 2011 at 00:47.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast