+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjusting Inspiration O2 interstage

RBW Member James Appel is an unknown quantity at this point James Appel's Avatar

Adjusting Inspiration O2 interstage

I was wondering if someone might be able to ancwer a question I had awhile ago, but never asked, and that is.

Why are you supposed to adjust your oxygen interstage presure on the Inspiration with only 50 bar in the cylinder? This meens I have to bleed off (read waste) my O2 when/if it needs adjusting, which I feel is a waste. It dosnt say in the manuel to only have 50 bar in the diluent cylinder when adjusting it, so why in the Oxy cylinder?

:) Thank you Je M'Applle "Jim Appel" :)

New Member J.R.Gauthier is an unknown quantity at this point J.R.Gauthier's Avatar

Re: Adjusting Inspiration O2 interstage

I've always ajusted my Inspiration and now my Evolutin with the cylinders full and have had no isses. I'll be interested to learn what the others think on this.

Inspo Luver Shaunzxr is an unknown quantity at this point Shaunzxr's Avatar

The way I've done it in the past is to alter the interstate pressure then connect to the cylinder. If its wrong disconnect, alter, reconnect and test

You can test the interstate pressure with any amount in the cylinder.
    You must not adjust with more than 50 bar in the cylinder

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunzxr
    You must not adjust with more than 50 bar in the cylinder
    Why is that? I've never concerned myself with the tank pressure. There's only a fraction of a turn to adjust the IP, and I never wide it all the way up or down.

Cheers

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by RichClark
    Why is that? I've never concerned myself with the tank pressure. There's only a fraction of a turn to adjust the IP, and I never wide it all the way up or down.

Cheers

Above 50bar there is a lot of presure on the seel and your twisting the adjustment??? QED it could go bang :D

As above i check it disconect adjust it then reconect and check it again.

ATB

Mark Chase

New Member RICHIE W is an unknown quantity at this point RICHIE W's Avatar

have adjusted interstage pressure with full and empty tank pressure ie 200 bar and 50 bar the interstage does not vary at either setting.this equipment is meant to regulate pressure to 7 bar and will continue to do so until the pressure in the tank falls to less than7 bar, the only differences at pressure will be the time or movement of the valve seat opening to maintain pressure back to the set ISP.hope this dispells the myths of ISP setting cheers richie

Evolving 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB's Avatar
    Evolution

The big problem you normally get when adjusting the intermediate pressure of a reg when the 1st stage is pressurised is that besides being hard to turn it will score the HP seat and seriously diminish the life of the seat.

One trick you can do is to depressurise the 1st stage by pressing the purge button or manual add whilst adjusting the intermediate pressure. This opens up the HP flow and allows the adjustment to be made without scoring the seat.
    Last edited by 01RMB; 15th March 2006 at 12:39.

New Member J.R.Gauthier is an unknown quantity at this point J.R.Gauthier's Avatar

My instructor taught me to completly vent the gas during ajustment of the first stage, then repressurize to check. If another ajustment is nessasary, then completely vent again.

New Member Heliox is an unknown quantity at this point Heliox's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Prism Topaz, Inspo, P2

poseidon 1st stages suggest adjusting i.p. on cylinder with 200 psi.
    apparently the i.p varies based on cylinder pressure. i dont know, but perhaps the insp. 1st stages work on the same principle.
    -tom

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

Adjusting the IP will not damage the seat the only thing that moves is the tension on the spring in the water chamber. As there may be a small variation in IP depending on cylinder pressure its best to choose a 100bar or so to sort of get a "half way mark"

its important to have the ip set correctly as it will determine whether you see the low batt warning before there is not enough power to open the solenoid

Dave

+ Reply to Thread