+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Habitat blueprints anyone?

Silver Mine Junkie Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan's Avatar
    Sentinel

Post Habitat blueprints anyone?

I'm currently in the market for a habitat and would like to know if anyone have blueprints available that might fit my purpose. I'm probably also interested if anyone have an already produced unit that fit my needs.

Instead of re-inventing the wheel I hope that someone out there have already solved my problem. We've spent so much time already without coming up with an idea good enough to implement.

I need to be able to have room for a full three man team to be completely out of the water, i.e. we're talking something about 2x2x2 meters equipped with benches of some sort. Water temperature and lenght of decompression calls for a "dry dock", period.

Habitat will be at least semi-permanently installed, i.e. I need a way of getting rid of old gas for ventilation purposes. I'm guessing either some sort of valves to be able to flood the habitat or a slow leaking habitat which would allow the unit to ventilate itself over time. At this stage, the habitat will be blown up into the roof, i.e. no need for fixing it to the bottom. Roof is not completely flat, i.e. some way to adjust the "pitch" would be good.

It would be great if the habitat could be transported in parts and easily assembled under water, but it's not actually necessary for this specific assignment. Let's just consider transportation possibilities to be a bonus feature since I have ways to transport even a habitat fully assembled on the surface to the location. Most probably, surface assembly will also be used on this site due to water temperature.

Best regards

Jonas

RBW Member Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26's Avatar

Re: Habitat blueprints anyone?

Hey, we use a water tank here in Mex, just cut the btm and add a bench.
    Check the video here:

cheers
    P

QUOTE=Dragan;352752]I'm currently in the market for a habitat and would like to know if anyone have blueprints available that might fit my purpose. I'm probably also interested if anyone have an already produced unit that fit my needs.

Instead of re-inventing the wheel I hope that someone out there have already solved my problem. We've spent so much time already without coming up with an idea good enough to implement.

I need to be able to have room for a full three man team to be completely out of the water, i.e. we're talking something about 2x2x2 meters equipped with benches of some sort. Water temperature and lenght of decompression calls for a "dry dock", period.

Habitat will be at least semi-permanently installed, i.e. I need a way of getting rid of old gas for ventilation purposes. I'm guessing either some sort of valves to be able to flood the habitat or a slow leaking habitat which would allow the unit to ventilate itself over time. At this stage, the habitat will be blown up into the roof, i.e. no need for fixing it to the bottom. Roof is not completely flat, i.e. some way to adjust the "pitch" would be good.

It would be great if the habitat could be transported in parts and easily assembled under water, but it's not actually necessary for this specific assignment. Let's just consider transportation possibilities to be a bonus feature since I have ways to transport even a habitat fully assembled on the surface to the location. Most probably, surface assembly will also be used on this site due to water temperature.

Best regards

Jonas[/QUOTE]

Silver Mine Junkie Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan's Avatar
    Sentinel

For some reason Sony Music Entertainment don't want me to watch the movie, but I know the Mexican way from earlier meetings...

The problem with water tanks in our application is that we have a 1.3x1.6 meter restriction through which we have to transport all the gear. It is possible to get items as wide as 2 meters by using the diagonal, assuming that they are not thicker than maybe 0.2 meters.

Passing a large water tank without chopping it to pieces is another story...

We're currently in the process of constructing our own solution. Will get back with a description once/if we manage to get it to be as good as we hope.

Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto26  View Original Post
    Hey, we use a water tank here in Mex, just cut the btm and add a bench.
    Check the video here:
    YouTube - Cave Diving Mexico, Expedition at The Pit

cheers
    P

QUOTE=Dragan;352752]I'm currently in the market for a habitat and would like to know if anyone have blueprints available that might fit my purpose. I'm probably also interested if anyone have an already produced unit that fit my needs.

Best regards

Jonas
    [/QUOTE]

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

£45 Reconditioned, food grade ,, you dont want one thats had something Nasty in ,,

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Check the video here:

How did you guys secure it in place? just jammed into the roof of the cave? any dead weights on the floor?

RBW Member Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    Check the video here:
    YouTube - Cave Diving Mexico, Expedition at The Pit

How did you guys secure it in place? just jammed into the roof of the cave? any dead weights on the floor?

As it turned out the water container even when fully flooded is incredible positive...we needed a huge box with stones + weightbelts + a scooter to get it there. We put tones of foam stuff to protect the cave ceiling.

Contact also Kris (starnas) on this forum (check articles on his pit dives or double hammerhead CCR) he designed a, inflatable habitat to bring past the restriction in the PIT.

cheers
    P

Sentinel

After a lot of work and a couple of setbacks, our own habitat is finally in position and operational.

You'll find both video, images from installation and drawings on
    Dykning i Sala Silvergruva - Sports/Recreation/Activities - Sala, Sweden | Facebook

Habitat easily fit four equipped divers and is blown up in the roof of the mine with 9m equivalent pressure inside the airfilled chamber. If no CCRs / doubles are brought inside, 6 people fit. The benches also have room for an injured diver to lay down. The airfilled liftbags etc. visible on the outside is used to ensure that the entire rig don't fall down in case the plastic cover rip open. That way, the only problem will be to cut people free from whatevers left of the plastic cover, we don't need to worry about divers toxing while tumbling to the floor and/or trouble getting them out caused by the only easy exit (which is downwards) will be blocked by the mine floor if the rig hit the bottom.

All text is in swedish, but it'll be good for you to practice :)

/Jonas

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Wow Jonas! That is a serious habitat! Very nice! Congratulations!

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

Quote Originally Posted by Dragan  View Original Post
    After a lot of work and a couple of setbacks, our own habitat is finally in position and operational.
    /Jonas
    Looks nice, need to visit the habitat when i am there next time

Regards

Teppo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast