+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New and looking 4 advice on rebreather.

RBW Member jacobholzgrafe is an unknown quantity at this point jacobholzgrafe's Avatar

New and looking 4 advice on rebreather.

New to diving and this site. Trying to decide what gear to purchase. The Rebreather is most apealing to me, but I know very little. Any advice?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: New and looking 4 advice on rebreather.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobholzgrafe  View Original Post
    New to diving and this site. Trying to decide what gear to purchase. The Rebreather is most apealing to me, but I know very little. Any advice?
    Welcome to the forum. Read as much as you can
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Welcome on board. When possible have a look on various unit`s and do try dives.

An independent diver. bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso's Avatar
    MCCR Dolphin

I hope you are prepared for an onslaught. There is no shortage of advice on this forum on why my brand is better than their brand. Just go slow, don't be in a hurry, and read as much on this forum you can find. They have a good search engine.

A lot will depend on the type of diving you do and are realistic in planing on doing.

Dale

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

welcome, take your time, the problem these days is there are so many good rebreathers to chose from.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

When you say, "I know very little", I assume that means not only about different manufacturers but rebreathers in general? Such as what is the difference between semi-closed vs. closed systems?

If you have those questions, I recommend reading "mastering Rebreathers" by Jeff Bozanic. At least that's one of the resources I used when I looked getting into rebreathers.

Wishing you much success and welcome

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

If you're really new to diving just go diving on the kit you learnt on and only when doing the sort of dives you want to do becomes a problem then you might want to look at a rebreather.

Rebreathers are annoying, hard work, intrusive and expensive both to buy and to run.

We are not good people to ask. Would you ask about the advantages of cocaine on 'crack-heads-r-us'?

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    If you have those questions, I recommend reading "mastering Rebreathers" by Jeff Bozanic. At least that's one of the resources I used when I looked getting into rebreathers.
    Good advise so I heard.. Just not easy to get a hand on these days...
    I've been trying for a while and am waitlisted with Best Publishing, which kept telling me that a new edition should come out shortly..
    That was about 2 years ago or even longer.. Still waiting since...
    There seem to be some leftovers over amazon, but at outrageous prices of app. $200...
    However because of this thread I was googling it again there might be a chance to get it from Jeff Bozanic directly..
    Will try to contact him for that.. Let's see

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Just got info from Jeff..
    The new issue is available..
    Yipeeh.. Just the shipping cost to Germany are quite a drawback..

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

G'day mate, i purchased "rebreathers simplified " by Dr Mel Clarke.
    Rebreathers Simplified by Dr. Mel Clark It helped me understand the workings, intracacies and "cool bits" that different rebreathers have.
    I am too only new to CCR and this book helped me decide which features were important to me, I then drew up a list of criteria fro my unit, ranked them in order and then matched which units fitted the criteria, then try EVERY unit u can.
    As said before, if you are new to diving gain lots of experience, keep diving until O/C just wont cut it anymore (trimix, photography,long durations etc)
    then look at ccr.
    If you have little or no understanding of how they work, I found this thread entertaining and informative, and printed the PDF file to easily explain to my friends how they work and why they are so complex.
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=19020.

Finally, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site, (I most definately am not one of them) and I suggest grabing a beer, ordering pizza and nerding it out in front of the pc all night reading every post you can, especially reviews on new units and issues people have had.
    Then ask questions, lots of questions, dive with CCR divers (I dived with some friends for over a year (on my boat persay, but chased them around annoying them with my infernal O/C raquet, but gained lots of exposure to the obsession that is required to own one!
    cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast