+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cozumel Rebreather Trip

RBW Member DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker's Avatar
    KISS Classic

IDA 64, Dolphin

Cozumel Rebreather Trip

Recently took my rebreather (KISS) on a dive trip to Cozumel, Mexico with Deep Exposure Dive Center - a kind of tech week trip - for rebreathers and other Air or trimix-type diving.
    Had xcellent time. Deep Exposure is about the only shop in Cozumel that can easily support a rebreather trip. Don Labbruzzo is owner - shop has sorb and can mix up whatever gas you want - trimix, NTX, O2, etc. Should contact him before going down to island, if you will need Trimix, just to make sure has enough on site.
    Did 8 dives in 4 days (ranging from 150 to 250 ft in depth) - other tek divers were there as well - using Evolution and doubles.
    Deepest dive I did was 250 ft, but they had some deeper ones scheduled the next day (I had to leave early due to lack of vacation time).
    Most dives are drift dives over a reef or along a wall, currents were moderate to fast.
    Boat crews were excellent and picked us up after deco with minimal delays. We did a shallower 2 cd dive each day after lunch on boat.
    Cozumel has nice hotels within short walking distances of dive shop plus plenty of good restaurants.
    Sorry but no pictures to show - no one had a camera.

All in all - had very nice winter vacation trip.

Steve Coker

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Re: Cozumel Rebreather Trip

Steve:

Glad to hear the trip went well. Wish I could have joined you. Maybe next time!

Doug

+ Reply to Thread