+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classic KISS Manuals & Training Manuals

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

Classic KISS Manuals & Training Manuals

I'm hoping to get a Classic Kiss around Sept/Oct time (still waiting for Kim and Gordon to get back to me)

Does anyone know where I can get copy of the manuals and training material. I'd be happy to pay postage if someone would be kind enough if lend them to me.

Cheers

Rich

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Rich,

currently KISS certification is available through IANTD which uses a textbook and student workbook in combination with the manual. Manual you'll probably have to wait until you get the unit, unless someone shares his or hers with you. Like Meg and PRISM manuals (and others before that) the KISS manuals aren't available for download, probably for legal reasons. The IANTD material is available on their website (link in links section).

NAUI by the way does it the same way, their textbook is Bozanic's "Mastering Rebreather" which I highly recommend for any RB diver.

ANDI announced that they'll start training on the KISS rebreathers this summer and will have a unit specific specific textbook as they always do. Give it a month or two and check their website or local ANDI shop, they should be able to get you a copy.

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    Rich,

The IANTD material is available on their website (link in links section).
    Thanks,

I can't find the links section on the IANTD website, I'd appreciate the link if possible. I'll see if I can find Mastering Rebreathers... sounds like a good read.

Cheers

Rich

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

"Mastering Rebreathers" is indeed a good book with lots of info,
    including pre- and post dive procedures on a bunch of different units.

Here are the links for IANTD and ANDI .

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    "Mastering Rebreathers" is indeed a good book with lots of info,
    including pre- and post dive procedures on a bunch of different units.

Here are the links for IANTD and ANDI .
    I was looking for a link section on the IANTD website, not this site...

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    You could skip the KISS manual from IANTD. Even though I am an IANTD KISS instructor, I still think it could use A LOT of improvements.

Second the recommendation from Stefan. I recommend the same to all of the students.

Also, if you are not 100% familiar with CCR, the DVD from IANTD called "RB FUNdamentals" created by Richard Pyle and Joe Dituri is quite nice. If you already know about RB, then it is redundant since it just repeat the common basic knowledge.

You could order the book and DVD from IANTD-UK (just Google for the contact).

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by RichClark
    I was looking for a link section on the IANTD website, not this site...
    IANTD Manuals
    Better?

Dude Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    You could skip the KISS manual from IANTD. Even though I am an IANTD KISS instructor, I still think it could use A LOT of improvements.
    Theres a KISS manual from IANTD? Never seen it. All i got was a crappy "book" titled IANTD Rebreather diver. Its truly dreadful.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie

Second the recommendation from Stefan. I recommend the same to all of the students.

Also, if you are not 100% familiar with CCR, the DVD from IANTD called "RB FUNdamentals" created by Richard Pyle and Joe Dituri is quite nice. If you already know about RB, then it is redundant since it just repeat the common basic knowledge.

You could order the book and DVD from IANTD-UK (just Google for the contact).
    I would wait for ptII of the RB FUNdementals to come out. The version I saw had some errors and some editing issues.

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc
    I would wait for ptII of the RB FUNdementals to come out. The version I saw had some errors and some editing issues.
    The Mad Dog video and upcoming DVD are more fun to watch.
    The classroom setting really took the fun out of FUNdamentals.

Mad Dog has more RB and UW footage. The video covers Inspo, PRISM, MK15.5, MK-5p and Dolphin, as well as general RB info.
    The DVD should have Meg, KISS, RB80, RB cave and ice diving. :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast