+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2010 Carl D Bradley footage

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Re: 2010 Carl D Bradley footage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    Great video!
    Just curious what you're using as a camera and housing?
    Sony HC9, Gates housing, Salvo 21W HID lights

Thadmn Thadmn is an unknown quantity at this point Thadmn's Avatar
    REVO II

Quote Originally Posted by silentscuba  View Original Post
    The written history of this shipwreck from one of the survivors was that it broke in two on the surface and then sank.

There are some of us that have dove it recently that seem to think this is not correct.

We believe that it looked like it broke in two on the surface but really didn't and that the connection between the two halfs is buried in the bud on the bottom.

Someday we might be able to prove out this theory and re-write a little history.
    I would bet that you're right about that. It looks like there's a lot of clay pushed up. Can you see through the break down inside the hold? Is it wide enough to squeeze through?

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Thadmn  View Original Post
    I would bet that you're right about that. It looks like there's a lot of clay pushed up. Can you see through the break down inside the hold? Is it wide enough to squeeze through?

I personally have not been at the break, but a couple of people that were using scooters have been there and they could see the back half of the ship from the front half. I have been on the bow a few times and the stern once and what a challenge that was

The ship is resting on the bottom with both the bow and stern elevated.

I think it sank in a "V'" type position with the center of the ship at the break leading the way down, hitting the bottom with the break or "V" burying itself in the bottom causing both the bow and stern to be elevated out of the mud.

Just my thoughts from my experiences

The picture below I believe is truly the way the entire shipwreck looks on the bottom with both halves connected.
    Attached Images

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Quote Originally Posted by dab  View Original Post
    Sony HC9, Gates housing, Salvo 21W HID lights
    Great! Thanks!

RBW Member crpntr133 is an unknown quantity at this point crpntr133's Avatar

Thanks for sharing the video! Simply a great looking wreck.

Great video...Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2