+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Truk

RBW Member colinayres is an unknown quantity at this point colinayres's Avatar
    rEvo

Classic Inspiration

Truk

Hi there everyone, I'll be leaving the UK for Truk with my trusty rEvo around about June 7th this year, and although 4 of us will be going from the South West of England at around about the same time, unfortunately we will all be going for different durations, but worse still, I will be the only CCR diver in the group.

In the unlikely event that there is anyone looking towards travelling to truk at around about this time, and fancies pairing up, perhaps you'd like to give me a shout,

Anyway, happy and safe diving to everyone for 2011,

Colin (Ayres).

RBW Member Marc Dennis is an unknown quantity at this point Marc Dennis's Avatar

Re: Truk

I'm green with envy that you are going to Truk, its truly wonderful diving with a CCR.
    I'm not sure of the dates but Pete Mosley and Lance Robb run annual trips to Truk that may interest you as well if your dates are flexible.

Either way have a great trip

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Which operator are you diving with ?

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by colinayres  View Original Post
    Hi there everyone, I'll be leaving the UK for Truk with my trusty rEvo around about June 7th this year, and although 4 of us will be going from the South West of England at around about the same time, unfortunately we will all be going for different durations, but worse still, I will be the only CCR diver in the group.

In the unlikely event that there is anyone looking towards travelling to truk at around about this time, and fancies pairing up, perhaps you'd like to give me a shout,

Colin (Ayres).
    You'll just miss my trip there which is for 15 days in May. There are 14 of us going, and we are all taking CCR's.

You'll enjoy it - especially the extra time you can get in the water. I've been before and on the deeper dives (such as the Nippo) it's amusing to see the OC divers arrive, dive and depart whilst you complete your deco

Cheers
    Matt.

RBW Member JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF's Avatar
    rEvo III Hyb Min, rEvo II STD

CK, SK, CCR 2000, Dolphin, Ray

Have a great time on your trip!

I'm leading a group there in October, we are diving on the Odyssey. There will be approx 10 CCR divers and the rest of the group will be on O.C.

I can't wait, it's my first time going

Cheers

RBW Member Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback's Avatar
    rEvo Standard II

IDA-71, Desco, Homebuilt

Three of us are going from Ontario, Canada from May 18th to June 4th. We're spending the first week diving from Ocean Hunter 1 in Palau and then eight days at Blue Lagoon on Truk. Two of us are diving rebreathers - a rEvo and a Meg and one OC.

Really looking forward to the diving - not the long flights.

Hank

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Mossyback  View Original Post
    Three of us are going from Ontario, Canada from May 18th to June 4th. We're spending the first week diving from Ocean Hunter 1 in Palau and then eight days at Blue Lagoon on Truk. Two of us are diving rebreathers - a rEvo and a Meg and one OC.

Really looking forward to the diving - not the long flights.

Hank
    I'd be interested to see what you think of Palau, and especially the comparison with Truk; Palau is supposed to be really nice but I have never been (as yet).

Cheers
    Matt.

RBW Member Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback's Avatar
    rEvo Standard II

IDA-71, Desco, Homebuilt

Hi Matt,

My wife wanted time in Palau in order to see and photograph the "Big Animals". Also, it's a long way to travel, so we thought that we should see Palau as well as Truk. I'll do a trip report when we return.

My major concern is getting sorb there. How are you handling it?

When are you going in May?

Hank

inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Mossyback  View Original Post
    Hi Matt,

My wife wanted time in Palau in order to see and photograph the "Big Animals". Also, it's a long way to travel, so we thought that we should see Palau as well as Truk. I'll do a trip report when we return.

My major concern is getting sorb there. How are you handling it?

When are you going in May?

Hank
    Hi,

I've no idea about Sorb. I've ordered a pallet from Australia about 6 months ago for my trip - so we are well catered for Sorb. I don't know if you can get it from Blue Lagoon as we are not going with them.

I'm there for the whole of May.

Cheers
    Matt.

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by colinayres  View Original Post

Colin (Ayres).
    Hi Colin,

Great to hear that you are heading to truk. Thanks for the mention Marc!! I am heading there twice this year (29 July - 11 Aug and 25 nov - 8 Dec) I will be there a week before each trip so will be in truk for three weeks each time. If you can make these dates and are flexible then let me know. All details of my trips are on my site www.petemesley.co./truklagoon.htm . I am fully operational there, 34 sets of breather tanks, a ton of sorb, helium, analyzers, 60 sets of stage deco set ups, full medic kit, sounders, gps for location of all deeper hard to get to ships etc etc etc.

Just some recommendations before you go. If you are going to ship gear give this at least a few months as stuff goes missing all the time, boats get delayed etc. I lost 4 sets of breather tanks, and a shipment of stage deco kits. - noone knows where they go, they just vanish!! So to avoid massive disappointment just send what you need to months and months in advance!

Also make sure you do some research on the wrecks you will be diving before you go. Dan Baileys book WWII wrecks of Truk Lagoon Truk Lagoon, Palau, Kwajalein . . . Books about diving the wrecks in Micronesia is an absolute must. Then you will know what you are diving on and in!! It is a fantastic resource and you will have much better ideas of what is on offer in Truk. That way you will be better informed to plan for what wrecks you want to do! On the above site address I also have huge amounts of information on the wrecks, and more pictures of most of the wrecks. That will get the juices going!!!

The image below is a panoramic shot of the Destroyer Oite, sitting in 60m of water! This little beaut is a definite must! Let me know if you want to come with us! We would love to have you!

If you cant make our dates Lance goes (if memory serves) in October most years. He is a good guy (for an Ozzie)!!!!!!!!

Pete Mesley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast