+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haskel agt 32/62

RBW Member mick is an unknown quantity at this point mick's Avatar

Haskel agt 32/62

Hi can anyone help with haskel agt 32/62 I am trying to find out how big of a compressor I need to run it
    I hooked it up to a 177 lm at 10 bar but this did not seem enough.

Thanks in advance
    Mick

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

Re: Haskel agt 32/62

Any compressor with less than 10 cfm will take forever to fill, especially when the source gas pressure is below 700psi and the filled tanks pressures are above 2,500psi.

15 cfm is better, but 20+cfm is the best. You have to look at the power required to run the compressor. In the States most motors 10hp and above are 3 phase and this power is not available to most homes and only some small business location.

Don

Hi Don
    Thanks for that I can get a 12 cfm compressor that will run on single phase power do you think this would be big enough

Thanks
    Mick

Beeing Visionary Sten is a jewel in the rough Sten is a jewel in the rough Sten is a jewel in the rough Sten is a jewel in the rough Sten is a jewel in the rough Sten is a jewel in the rough Sten is a jewel in the rough Sten's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery

Inspiration Vision

Lots of air Re: Haskel agt 32/62

Quote Originally Posted by mick  View Original Post
    Hi can anyone help with haskel agt 32/62 I am trying to find out how big of a compressor I need to run it
    I hooked it up to a 177 lm at 10 bar but this did not seem enough.

Thanks in advance
    Mick
    We have two Haskel AGT 15/30, and a 10 l/s @7 bar compressor (Atlas Copco LE10). This compressor has a 7,5 kW electric motor and is adequate for our needs. Your 32/62 booster will use more air (approx. + 30%) for the same filling speed.

We bought our compressor second hand for about €1300 with a 250 l tank and sound proof enclosure. I think that the electric connection is 3x400Vx16A 50 Hz.

I would say that a singe phase outlet is simply not capable of supplying enough power for a decent filling speed, but a good thing with air driven boosters is that they adjusts the speed to the air available. Maybe you could connect two or three singe phase compressors to different electric circuits, and use them in parallel? But please consult with a trained electrician in your area.

/Sten

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

Mick,

A12cfm compressor will drive the Haskel at approximately 50% efficiency, in other words, you'll have to stop the Haskel and allow the compressor to build up pressure half of the time.

In our shop in Mexico, we don't have 3 phase power and I use two compressors, one at 12cfm and the other at 18cfm. With both running, the Haskel operates near 100% of the time.

Your 12 cfm will work, just slow.

Don

Steve
    Thanks for the info single phase is my problem all right that and the space I have, putting a couple off them in parallel might be the answer but will take up a lot of Room

Don
    Thanks again for the help gives me something to think about the booster is in need of some work, between the cost of that and needing bigger or more compressors it might be better or cheaper to get a smaller booster although I have the agt 32/62 and it would be great to get it working properly

Mick

Sorry when I say the booster needs work it dose work just has not been used for some years and I don’t know how it was treated before I got it so I was thinking I should send it off for service any thoughts on this?

Mick

RBW Member Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by mick  View Original Post
    Steve
    Thanks for the info single phase is my problem all right that and the space I have, putting a couple off them in parallel might be the answer but will take up a lot of Room

Don
    Thanks again for the help gives me something to think about the booster is in need of some work, between the cost of that and needing bigger or more compressors it might be better or cheaper to get a smaller booster although I have the agt 32/62 and it would be great to get it working properly

Mick
    If the amount you need to boost is not too big, would it maybe be possible to use or suplement your compressor with an hp air bank?

Thanks Submis

24cfm = 679.2 lm x 10 =6,792 /47=144.5 so I would need 144 bar in a 47 bank (j bottle)

So if all the # are right? 144 bar in a j bottle 47L would run the booster for 10 minutes
    It would mean running my dive compressor a lot to fill the bank or is there a garage type high pressure compressor I could get?

Mick

Sten sorry for typo on your name

Mick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast