+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! - X1 will not reset

RBW Member Co-Pond-Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Co-Pond-Diver's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

Help! - X1 will not reset

When I tried to download some dives onto my computer today, my X1 beeped and froze at "starting connection with PC 30 seconds...." or something like that. Now it won't respond to taps, and it will not reset (with the button or the test connection in installer).

Anyone else had this problem?

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Re: Help! - X1 will not reset

Had something similar once. Make sure it is plugged into the AC also when you do the reset via the installer and when you do the downloads to the PC.

RBW Member Co-Pond-Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Co-Pond-Diver's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

It was. How did you get yours to work again?

RBW Member brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Pond-Diver  View Original Post
    It was. How did you get yours to work again?
    By getting them to send you another one...

Mike Samsen Sharky1948 will become famous soon enough Sharky1948 will become famous soon enough Sharky1948 will become famous soon enough Sharky1948's Avatar
    rEvo III Hybrid

Try this...

First be sure that the X1 has charged for a little while. I've had reset problems when I accidentally let it go dead. (Also, in general, it's best to leave it in sleep mode but on the charger between dives.)

Next, clean the terminals on the X1 and the attachment. I use a rubber eraser though the manual suggests light scraping with a steel tool.

Then,
    - Connect the attachment to the X1
    - Make sure the USB cable is not connected
    - Connect power to the X1
    - Push the reset button that is on the attachment

If you don't see the splash screen come up,
    - Disconnect power
    - Push the reset button a few times
    - Reconnect the power to the X1
    - Push the reset button

If that doesn't work, contact Liquivision. They are very helpful.

JM Hammerhead

Tried all of these different reset methods. I contacted liquivision, Emilie responded very promptly. Now we'll see if I hear from the Engineer, or if the battery dies first!

Dive Enlightened Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision's Avatar

Tried all of these different reset methods. I contacted liquivision, Emilie responded very promptly. Now we'll see if I hear from the Engineer, or if the battery dies first!
    Emilie rules. If you have a dive or trip coming up quickly, please shoot me a PM and I'll ensure we get you a loaner asap so you're not without in the meantime.

-Doug
    Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

JM Hammerhead

Manufacturer recommended method for solving my problem!

Thanks Doug - My x1 missed the last dive of my trip, but i'm headed home today.

Jeff

RBW Member AzTek Diver is an unknown quantity at this point AzTek Diver's Avatar

Manufacturer recommended method for solving my problem!

Thanks Doug - My x1 missed the last dive of my trip, but i'm headed home today. Jeff
    Doug recomended it???? that doesn't look like Crown.

Cave Addict CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh's Avatar
    HammerHead

Sentinel-Inspo-Optima-Prism 2

I was hoping it would be left in the glass on my counter... then I would have a new X1- not working at the moment, but that is one step better than my current X1, which is non-existant :)

Hope you get it working- and hopefully you can pull the profile from our Morgan dive.
    Last edited by CCR Josh; 6th January 2011 at 23:04.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast