+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pSCR hose lengths

RBW Member charlespoelwijk is an unknown quantity at this point charlespoelwijk's Avatar
    RON

JJ-CCR

Re: pSCR hose lengths

Nice hose colour! Why do U use configuration over the shoulder? Why not on the right side and block it at the lamp or lamp clamp?

RBW Member mrdall is an unknown quantity at this point mrdall's Avatar
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by charlespoelwijk  View Original Post
    Nice hose colour! Why do U use configuration over the shoulder? Why not on the right side and block it at the lamp or lamp clamp?
    it is a configuration that I am trying out, so fare it is good i think, it is more out of the way and closer to the body, easy to switch gas whit out uncliping it.

best regards morten

RBW Member tacks is an unknown quantity at this point tacks's Avatar
    SMART CCR

Satori pSCR, KISS Classic, SF2

Question Re: pSCR hose lengths

Hi,

so you only use one of the connectors and your back-gas is not dummy plugged ?
    Where do you fix the hose of you back-gas ?

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by mrdall  View Original Post
    it is a configuration that I am trying out, so fare it is good i think, it is more out of the way and closer to the body, easy to switch gas whit out uncliping it.

best regards morten

Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by tacks  View Original Post
    Hi,
    so you only use one of the connectors and your back-gas is not dummy plugged ?
    Where do you fix the hose of you back-gas ?
    Andreas
    the back-gas hose is short, and goes under the left arm, over the chest and into the switch block, keeping it nice and tight.
    I do not do dummy plugged, it is like having sex either the in or it is out, there are no half-way

when not in use it is clip off on the left hip ring behind the SPG, if you use 3
    ore more stage, and you think that it is a problem whit this extra karabin, place an extra D-ring further back in left side (I don't use the extra D-ring, it is no problem)

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

the back-gas hose is short, and goes under the left arm, over the chest and into the switch block, keeping it nice and tight.
    Morten, how do you manage the drive hose with 3 clips already on the left D-ring? Also, is there any smooth way of routing the hose below the stage clips, over the suit inflator and below the long hose in a quick way?

/GKAM

Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by GKAM  View Original Post
    Morten, how do you manage the drive hose with 3 clips already on the left D-ring?
    no problem it is just like first time you have one stage, it is a little more difficult to get to your SPG, then you get use to it, then you get 2 stage and it just get a little more difficult to get to the SPG but then you get use to it, then you get a leash, it just get a little more difficult to get to the SPG but you get use to it.
    now you just got one more clips, but you get use to it, and if you thing it is a big problem just put an other D-ring further back in left side

Also, is there any smooth way of routing the hose below the stage clips, over the suit inflator and below the long hose in a quick way?
    how guick du you need it to be, and why?

it is not that big a deal, it take some thing like 10-30 sec to do it.
    And if you start the dive whit it plug in, you have that for the compleat dive right, so when you come to first gas switch, disconnect it plug the deco gas in, and then you have plenty of time clip it off.

in what scenario do you thing that this is a problem?

Morten

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

no problem it is just like first time you have one stage, it is a little more difficult to get to your SPG, then you get use to it, then you get 2 stage and it just get a little more difficult to get to the SPG but then you get use to it, then you get a leash, it just get a little more difficult to get to the SPG but you get use to it.
    now you just got one more clips, but you get use to it, and if you thing it is a big problem just put an other D-ring further back in left side

how guick du you need it to be, and why?

it is not that big a deal, it take some thing like 10-30 sec to do it.
    And if you start the dive whit it plug in, you have that for the compleat dive right, so when you come to first gas switch, disconnect it plug the deco gas in, and then you have plenty of time clip it off.

in what scenario do you thing that this is a problem?

Morten
    At the end of the day, it is not so much about the number of boltsnaps you dive with on the left d-ring but how simple and smooth this approach is. Also note, it involves 1 boltsnap on the right side for the block + 1 boltsnap for the drive hose. I am not comfortable with it as it seems a bit messy and slow. That being said, I haven't tried it so it could be just my perception.

On the use of BG, well this depends on your type of diving. The way we dive RBs in deep open water is to plug in the BG for the bottom part of the dive. When having to manage 3 deco stages, adding a fourth tank to drive the Rebreather is something we like to avoid. I understand the way people dive in caves is quite different.

As far as I know, Maxim uses the same configuration as you do - for caves.

/GKAM

Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by GKAM  View Original Post
    As far as I know, Maxim uses the same configuration as you do - for caves.
    Some year back I was diving the AH1 and i had my switch blok the same way as you have it, (the way i was taught when I tog the class) but when I changed to the Hyperion I want to try out Maxim's way first, and if it is no good, the plan was to go back to what i know.

but so fare I have had no reason fore going back, I don't feel that it is any more complicated or slow but when i am in tight spot in small wrack I like to have my switch block close to me, and where i can see it, the "old" way of having the switch block tent to catch all kind of ting inside wherry small wrack.

best regards Morten

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

but when I changed to the Hyperion I want to try out Maxim's way first, and if it is no good, the plan was to go back to what i know.

best regards Morten
    Hi

Do you have a pic from the top showing the hoses and manifold also? There was one pic that showed the set up from side

Also you run long hose over cooper hoses?

Cheers

Teppo

Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo  View Original Post
    Hi

Do you have a pic from the top showing the hoses and manifold also? There was one pic that showed the set up from side
    try to look at my album I don't think that there is any from the top.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10652...48746208256177

Also you run long hose over cooper hoses?
    yes that way it is easy, faster and more safe to donate the long hose.

best morten

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast