+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pSCR hose lengths

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

pSCR hose lengths

I am thinking of changing from the RB80/GDS AH1 block to a more compact "L-shaped" setup. AFAIK, GUE used to have this at some point too.

Looking for some information on the DIR hose lengths to/from the switch block. This is a configuration where the BG drive hose with the male QC6 runs down and up again into the bottom connector of the block. Also, is there an optimal length for the hoses that feed to the injectors?

Any help is appreciated.

Thx,
    GKAM

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Re: pSCR hose lengths

Do you have a picture of the switchblock you're talking about?
    I'm not sure if mine is the "L-shaped" one you're talking about.

I have a 40 inch hose with QC-6 that feeds the switchblock. From the switchblock, there are 2 40 inch hoses that feed the injectors. I'm just not sure if the switchblock I measured is what you're looking for.
    Mine looks like this:
    Switchblock | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

Hi Steve, pls see the attached photo - hope it helps illustrate.

Thx,
    GKAM
    Attached Images

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Ok, that's definitely different than mine. It looks really nice and compact compared to the monstrosity I use.

Just from looking at the photo of your block, I'd guess that 40 inches would also work well for you, but I really don't know.

Hyperion pSCR

Think of it as a more compact/evolved version of the switch block on the old RB80 configuration.

(check out the photo from 2001 catalog I found on your flickr pages )
    Attached Images

Halcyon RB80

Ah, ok. I see what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I have no experience with that switchblock. I'd think that 40 inches would work, but I have no idea what is optimal or what others are using with it. Good luck!

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

Hi

I use what i heard is originally from Nick T and uses Golem gear parts and have 2 shut off valves and 2 QC6 female connectors in it. It connects to TP with 62cm and 90cm LP hoses with 90 degree angle adapters

I added few images of it

Teppo
    Attached Images

Hyperion pSCR

Interesting setup for sure, but I am not sure it gives much of an advantage. Main concern as I see it, is that you may end up sliding the shut-off collar(s) by accident or entering a situation where you are not sure if a feed to the RB is on or off.

(at least I feel) Much more comfortable with the Swagelok valves where visual reference is more obvious. Thanks for posting.

/GKAM

Hyperion pSCR

Here is what I ended up with. The switchblock has had a year or so of frequent use and performs very well.

The boltsnap is for attaching to a canister light D-ring on my RHS.

/GKAM
    Attached Images

RBW Member mrdall is an unknown quantity at this point mrdall's Avatar
    Hyperion

this is how I do it at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast