+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CCR Gas Mixer & Other Android Apps

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

CCR Gas Mixer & Other Android Apps

Just downloaded CCR Gas Mixer, and it seems to work well. The one thing that I found missing was the ability to mix Heliair (starting from 100 percent Helium in the tank).

I emailed the developer, Mikael Fridholm, and got a very prompt response (less than 6 hours!). He said that he will add a component for banked gas mixing. With service like this, I intend to donate to the developer to support this program. (I have no affiliation with the developer or this application.)

Here are my Android dive related apps:
    • aTides - tides
    • Marine Weather Pro by Bluefin - marine weather forecast
    • Scuba Tanks by Ben Roberts - serial number, water volume, gas volume, service pressure, visual & hydro due dates for tanks
    • Sundroid (& Widget) - tracks moon phase, sun/moon rise and set
    • Weather Channel (& Widget) - weather forecast and current conditions
    • V-Planner
    • CCR Mixer - gas mixing
    What are your favorite Android dive apps?

RBW Member Chris_H is an unknown quantity at this point Chris_H's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: CCR Gas Mixer & Other Android Apps

I downloaded CCR Mixer after your first post. It is nice. I also downloaded Marine Weather Pro and it is REALLY nice. Thanks for the recommendations.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    Just downloaded CCR Gas Mixer, and it seems to work well. The one thing that I found missing was the ability to mix Heliair (starting from 100 percent Helium in the tank).

EP x FHe = psi he to add

Ep = ending pressure desired
    Fhe = fraction helium desired

ADVANCED DIVER MAGAZINE GAS MIXING CHARTS

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

It's Classified

Yup. Have had them hanging on the wall in the garage next to the booster for several years!

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    EP x FHe = psi he to add

Ep = ending pressure desired
    Fhe = fraction helium desired

ADVANCED DIVER MAGAZINE GAS MIXING CHARTS

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

CCR Mixer (available in the Android Market) has now been updated. Added:

+ Mixing Tx with inline/membrane system
    + Mixing EANx/Tx with banked EANx
    + Increase the END window to (60ft - 140ft)

Thank you, Mikael!

Nun auch ein Tütenatmer TheTallGerman is an unknown quantity at this point TheTallGerman's Avatar
    JJ #96

Although I'm not diving a CCR yet I've used CCR Mixer from the very beginning to mix my OC gases. It seems to work very well and I can think of some improvements concerning the usability.. I've not become familiar with scuba tanks and other android apps so far but will have a look to your other recommendations.

Thx a lot,
    Jan

Nun auch ein Tütenatmer TheTallGerman is an unknown quantity at this point TheTallGerman's Avatar
    JJ #96

Howard, I'm not able to find V-Planner, any hints?

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

V-planner is not on Market
    you can download it from here:

V-Planner VPM-B dive decompression software - download

works nice on an android phone

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post

I emailed the developer, Mikael Fridholm, and got a very prompt response (less than 6 hours!). He said that he will add a component for banked gas mixing. With service like this, I intend to donate to the developer to support this program. (I have no affiliation with the developer or this application.)
    Another vote for CCR Mixer. Micke and I have gone back and forth over email about a couple of glitches and some ideas. He's been very receptive to feedback, and even invited me over to Sweden to go dive the Sala Silver mines, which I may one day take him up on.

There have been a couple of updates in the last few weeks, and hopefully some more on the way.

I also intend to donate to Micke for his excellent blending programme. I'd like to see a desktop version as well.

Happy blending

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Smeg  View Original Post
    I'd like to see a desktop version as well.
    Great idea!