+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sofnolime 797 get clumped

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: Sofnolime 797 get clumped

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    So what do you do letīs say between dive 1 and dive 2 at another day with the same sorb? Stir it or dive with the clumped stuff?
    Watch the sky tv rebreather incdent video. You will never consider stiring partially used sorb after that.

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Yep i do the same, when i store the lime over night i use a cap from n@90 to close the meg can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-limits  View Original Post
    Don't stir it, dive it with the clumped. I keep mine that way for up to 2 weeks.

Cheers

Al
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=15113

Don't push this one guys...trust me!

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Whats more concerning is that your spherasorb didnt clump!

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

OK, got it I will not stir the sorb between 2 dives to get the clumps away.
    My concern was anyway that when stiring I would mix the used stuff from the bottom (inlet) with the good stuff on the top (outlet) of my srubber.

RBW Member billyf is an unknown quantity at this point billyf's Avatar

I use the Sofnolime 408
    It depends on how I prep my sorb.
    If I just dump it in and pack it down it will clump.
    When I vacuum it; it will not clump.
    From what’s been explained to me is that the dust causes the granulates to stick together.
    This is the reason many of divers that are pushing the limits of their scrubbers are vacuuming them.

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    ~snip~
    My concern was anyway that when stiring I would mix the used stuff from the bottom (inlet) with the good stuff on the top (outlet) of my srubber.
    Were you taught to stir your used sorb or was that something you came up with on your own? Reason for asking is that even b4 owning a unit, I had read that was a thing one didn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by billyf  View Original Post
    ~snip~
    This is the reason many of divers that are pushing the limits of their scrubbers are vacuuming them.
    Being a noobie, vacuuming is something I am unfamiliar with. Could you explain this further? Like why and how it's done and is it a good thing to do?

Franco

Cut along dotted line... Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post

Being a noobie, vacuuming is something I am unfamiliar with. Could you explain this further? Like why and how it's done and is it a good thing to do?

Franco

Essentially Franco; Vacuuming helps to remove the dust from the scrubber material as it is poured into the scrubber body. Brett Hempthill has a piece of plastic sculpture made from plumbing fittings that allows him to attach a shop vac which removes smaller bits and pieces of sorb as he charges his unit.

Is it a good thing to do? Certainly broken sorb and sorb dust is counter indicated from the standpoint of WOB.

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

I was not taught "not to stir" ;) The idea was growing on my own shit, luckily sometimes I ask others before tyring stupid things.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

I agree, it's normal.. happens in my scrubber anytime..
    never disturb a used scrubber in any way when going to reuse..

What I do after a shorter dive (if intending to use the scrubber again the next day or days, or weeks later) I take it out of the outer housing. Leave it to let it evaporate for a couple of hours and then put it back into the housing and seal it with a special lid and cap..

inspiration vision

~ 70 dives later, new question

Just dumped my sorb after yesterdays dives.
    This time it was the first time that there were not only a few clumped parts, this time the upper 3/4 of the sorb were solid and stuck together in one piece. I had to use my fingers to destroy the suface to get the sorb out.
    I that normal too? Did I pack to much?

(Sorb (Sofnolime 797)was filled the same day just before the dives, total dive time 170 minutes at ~8 degrees Celcius)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast