+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sofnolime 797 get clumped

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Sofnolime 797 get clumped

Hi,

recently switched from Spherasorb to Sofnolime 797, mainly because this is the AP recommended sorb.
    For curiosity I checked the 797 sorb 2 hours after the first dive, it is always dry and a bit clumped even after a 40 minutes dive @ 7 meters (there is no water in the loop).
    With Spherasorb I have never seen something like that.
    Is that normal? Canīt be healthy!

Cheers - Scotty

Plastic Pom........ Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

Inspo

Re: Sofnolime 797 get clumped

It's normal!

in the rEvo the main exhale one clumps first then as the bed gets used the second inhale one starts to clump. It's a sign that it's been worked for CO2 capture but I don't know the physics of it exactly and no it does not impact WOB.

I suspect it's due to slight expansion and the structure causing it to grab together but some one smarter will be along shortly to clear it up. You would not see this with the spherical structure of your other sorb.

PL

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Hi,

recently switched from Spherasorb to Sofnolime 797, mainly because this is the AP recommended sorb.
    For curiosity I checked the 797 sorb 2 hours after the first dive, it is always dry and a bit clumped even after a 40 minutes dive @ 7 meters (there is no water in the loop).
    With Spherasorb I have never seen something like that.
    Is that normal? Canīt be healthy!

Cheers - Scotty
    I believe it is normal (I get it). I have observed that it is significantly reduced if you pack light. Hard packing seems to create more clumps, for me at least.

I don't think the clumps make a difference if present or not, though.

Cheers
    Matt.

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Happens to my scrubber every dive. So far I'm still alive.

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    Happens to my scrubber every dive. So far I'm still alive.
    Me too and I'm not even a Commerical diver, Saturation diver or diving CCR since I helped invent the first one....

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-limits  View Original Post
    Me too and I'm not even a Commerical diver, Saturation diver or diving CCR since I helped invent the first one....

Dude... you too....

I'll share my meds...

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Same here....

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

So what do you do letīs say between dive 1 and dive 2 at another day with the same sorb? Stir it or dive with the clumped stuff?

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    So what do you do letīs say between dive 1 and dive 2 at another day with the same sorb? Stir it or dive with the clumped stuff?
    Don't stir it, dive it with the clumped. I keep mine that way for up to 2 weeks.

Cheers

Al

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Don't stir it, dive it with the clumped. I keep mine that way for up to 2 weeks.

Cheers

Al
    Yep i do the same, when i store the lime over night i use a cap from n@90 to close the meg can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast