+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eurotek video interview 3 - Analysing Carbon Dioxide with Dr. Simon Mitchell

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Eurotek video interview 3 - Analysing Carbon Dioxide with Dr. Simon Mitchell

Analysing Carbon Dioxide with Dr. Simon Mitchell

Two years after our conversation about the dangers of CO2 during diving, Dr. Simon Mitchell is back at Eurotek to discuss the topic of hypercapnia.
    We want to know what exactly divers need to know about CO2 retention and breakthrough, and what the status is on CO2 analysers for rebreathers. The use of CO2 analyzers in rebreathers is critically reviewed, and the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches to analyzer positioning in the rebreather loop are discussed.

A very informative interview by an expert on "breathing"!

This interview can be found at the following link
    Submerge Productions : HD Dive Videos or at the Eurotek TV page.

Jakob Selbing jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel's Avatar
    AP Evolution+

Re: Eurotek video interview 3 - Analysing Carbon Dioxide with Dr. Simon Mitchell

Excellent video. Thank you very much!

RBW Member Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen's Avatar
    Apocalypse mCCR

Dräger Dolphin SCR to mCCR

Re: Eurotek video interview 3 - Analysing Carbon Dioxide with Dr. Simon Mitchell

Thanks for sharing Liesbeth, very interesting

Ivan

Andrey Prokopenko Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless's Avatar
    none

none

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver  View Original Post
    Analysing Carbon Dioxide with Dr. Simon Mitchell

Two years after our conversation about the dangers of CO2 during diving, Dr. Simon Mitchell is back at Eurotek to discuss the topic of hypercapnia.
    We want to know what exactly divers need to know about CO2 retention and breakthrough, and what the status is on CO2 analysers for rebreathers. The use of CO2 analyzers in rebreathers is critically reviewed, and the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches to analyzer positioning in the rebreather loop are discussed.

A very informative interview by an expert on "breathing"!

This interview can be found at the following link
    Submerge Productions : HD Dive Videos or at the Eurotek TV page.
    Wow, for me it was first post worth commenting in lat 2 years. :)

I remember I was attending Dr. Simon presentation about CO2 retention at 2008 and was VERY impressed by his level of knowledge and how he explains things. I've filmed & watched his interview at least 10 times to understand topics, because at that time it was really important for me to understand possible implications of CO2 retention at big depths. It was a real pleasure to meet this man in person.

Damn, It's a real shame I've missed this one. He is a real legend, and what I like the best, is how he explains things, he is making other believe that it's really understandable and you can get a grip on that if you really want to.

Based on still-yet-to-be-released OR mCCR rebreather design Simon raised very valid concern about "dead space" and situation with shallow breath.

My question goes to Dr. Simon, will the respiratory monitor, which gives a warnings when breathing rate let's say "too shallow and fast", help in easing the situation ?
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 29th November 2010 at 17:01.

+ Reply to Thread