+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tapatalk issues

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Re: Tapatalk issues

Well, this is something that needs to be done by someone who knows vBulletin, PHP development, can assess what custom PHP work has been done and what could break when upgrading vBulletin. It would probably include deciding which of those custom development that would break are worth keeping at all (are they being used, for example Rebreather World - Rebreathers for Scuba Diving - the next step). There are probably a few additional things that would need to be upgraded as well (such as the google analytics code, the current one is deprecated and will be EOL'ed soon).

Since it doesn't seem that that expertise exists in the community, it'd probably need to be outsourced (and paid for). There are vBulletin skilled people out there, management would need to reach out to them (for example the former TDS system administrators)

Since this type of work can only be paid for by sponsorship (I rarely click on ads), I have bought sponsorship today and for a year. I hope this is used to improve the site for us all.

Just one negative thing to say: "...just so a few can type on their phone" is a short sighted view and ill informed view of the world that we currently live in.
    Last edited by edasque; 26th November 2010 at 12:45.

RBW Member madfenris is on a distinguished road madfenris is on a distinguished road madfenris's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Another option might be to offer forum runner as it supports the version of vBulletin used by RBW, namely 3.6.x. The drawback is that unlike Tapatalk Forum Runner doesn't offer an app for Blackberry's yet. I am told that many prefer it to Tapatalk.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

If that covers Droids and iPhone users.... That's better than the current option...

Quote Originally Posted by madfenris  View Original Post
    Another option might be to offer forum runner as it supports the version of vBulletin used by RBW, namely 3.6.x. The drawback is that unlike Tapatalk Forum Runner doesn't offer an app for Blackberry's yet. I am told that many prefer it to Tapatalk.

RBW Member JDostal will become famous soon enough JDostal will become famous soon enough JDostal will become famous soon enough JDostal will become famous soon enough JDostal's Avatar
    KISS Classic #429

Ah bummer. Recently added Tapatalk to my android and really enjoy browsing the various other forums using it. Just came in searching to see if anyone else was getting the issue.

Ah well.

Jeff Tindall icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Ditto on John's comments!!! Maybe there should be some kind of a fund raiser to make it happen....
    Can I allocate my leftover ADM magazine funds to this cause?

Please post a link here if you need to raise more money.

Cheers,
    Jeff

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by icestac  View Original Post
    Can I allocate my leftover ADM magazine funds to this cause?

Please post a link here if you need to raise more money.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    It's not the money, it's the limited time I have to make it happen