+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Juergensen Marine new products -DEMA 2010

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

Re: Juergensen Marine new products -DEMA 2010

Beautiful stuff Kev

Up until now, I have never found the HH handsets displays appealing.

Will the REV D handsets and DIVA be available on the Hammermeg heads?

Seb

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Smeg  View Original Post
    Beautiful stuff Kev

Up until now, I have never found the HH handsets displays appealing.

Will the REV D handsets and DIVA be available on the Hammermeg heads?

Seb
    Hey Seb,

The Rev. D Hammerhead will be available as an Upgrade to ALL Hammerhead sets going all the way back to the Acrylic Rev. A units.

This includes the DIVA. For those who understand electronics, we intentionally went with a half-duplex communications set up on the new DIVA just so we could still use the old wiring config in the original Hammerhead units - making this update backwards compatible.

I can't say we'll stay that way forever, but we are doing our best to make transitioning from earlier models to the newer stuff as affordable and easy as possible.

Kevin.

Cheeky Monkey........... Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Hey Seb,

The Rev. D Hammerhead will be available as an Upgrade to ALL Hammerhead sets going all the way back to the Acrylic Rev. A units.

This includes the DIVA. For those who understand electronics, we intentionally went with a half-duplex communications set up on the new DIVA just so we could still use the old wiring config in the original Hammerhead units - making this update backwards compatible.

I can't say we'll stay that way forever, but we are doing our best to make transitioning from earlier models to the newer stuff as affordable and easy as possible.

Kevin.
    Hi Kevin.

Does this mean the cable size for the DIVA is now correct for the Meg head fittings?

Thanx
    Paul

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans  View Original Post
    Hi Kevin.

Does this mean the cable size for the DIVA is now correct for the Meg head fittings?

Thanx
    Paul
    Paul,

No. The DIVA Cable is the same - however, the DIVA fitting (the part with the lights in it) will fit on the Meg Cable (we have 2 sizes of connectors).

Keeping the backwards-compatibility with the existing fleet of Hammerhead-equipped rigs out there (which is a lot), meant sticking with the Lumberg Cable.

The DIVA Bracket didn't get much attention in the video, but it is a very cool creation in and of itself. You'll notice that the DIVA now goes sideways, and you can rotate the DIVA to suit your viewing angle, and remove it from the clip completely - which is unlike our current DIVA Bracket. It also fits all Golem Gear BOV's as well.

Kevin.

RBW Member gfb is an unknown quantity at this point gfb's Avatar
    O2ptima

Paul,

No. The DIVA Cable is the same - however, the DIVA fitting (the part with the lights in it) will fit on the Meg Cable (we have 2 sizes of connectors).

Keeping the backwards-compatibility with the existing fleet of Hammerhead-equipped rigs out there (which is a lot), meant sticking with the Lumberg Cable.
    What does the upgrade for the Optima look like? Any replumbing of cables/connectors required? Will the new diva bracket fit?

Thanks!

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Paul,

The DIVA Bracket didn't get much attention in the video, but it is a very cool creation in and of itself. You'll notice that the DIVA now goes sideways, and you can rotate the DIVA to suit your viewing angle, and remove it from the clip completely - which is unlike our current DIVA Bracket. It also fits all Golem Gear BOV's as well.

Kevin.
    Does this mean I can get a custom black DIVA wire…. :)

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    Kevin is a mac dweeb so you can expect mac software...
    Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong.... but don't we prefer to known as Forward Thinking, Super Cool, Incredibly Handsome, All Knowing, Magnanimous, Mac Users rather than Mac Dweebs, which was so early 2000's.

Richie

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Hey Howard,

Yes - you will be able to select PO2 or User SetPoint modes - but the Buddy Light will only be User SetPoint - don't want anyone thinking you're having an emergency when your ppO2 is .90...

The Buddy Light is also user selectable - so it isn't "ON" unless you tell it to be on. This feature will probably be most used by Instructors.

Take care,

Kevin.
    Kevin:

WOW, Awesome!!!

Just want to make sure I understand this: When I assend and set my handsets to a lower PO2 and drive the unit manually, how do I avoid the buddy light from flashing that I am in trouble when I am not?

claudia

King of the Geeks
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by gfb  View Original Post
    What does the upgrade for the Optima look like? Any replumbing of cables/connectors required? Will the new diva bracket fit?

Thanks!
    Hey there,

The Rev. D in an Optima was on display in the Micropore Booth (along with Dive Rite). If you want the Rev. D running as a Secondary with DIVA, there is NO CHANGE to your Optima Head. If you want it as a Primary, we need to replace your Primary Cable only.

I think most people will probably want the Rev. D as a Secondary, since the Solenoid function is identical to the Rev. C.

But we will offer it in pretty much any configuration the end-user wants.

Kevin.

King of the Geeks
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    Does this mean I can get a custom black DIVA wire…. :)

No.

You still get the bumble bee wire. No Super-Ninja for you, Doug Williams.

Kevin.