+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Juergensen Marine new products -DEMA 2010

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Re: Juergensen Marine new products -DEMA 2010

Quote Originally Posted by gfb  View Original Post
    Thanks for the very thorough comment Kevin, I hadnt considered a RevC as primary and RevD as secondary driving the new diva. That sounds like a great setup to me :). As a budding ccr diver I'm probably just not quite in tune with what i should worry about and what isn't a big deal, so I apologize if I came off a little strong. On that note I'm pretty excited about the prospect of an upgraded secondary which will probably hurt the pocketbook less too :) any thoughts on price?
    Not a problem - thanks for asking the questions because it gave me the impetus to more fully explain my rationale behind the choices in the system.

You are absolutely correct in looking at every aspect of a system you may eventually buy. Everything in a CCR is important, and has some effect on the diver, so before you buy one, you should understand the thought process (or lack thereof!) which went into designing each piece.

We are working on pricing now - we have a general target which is in line with our previous upgrade price-points, but have to factor in the development costs, which are still ongoing.

We will have units ready for sale in the new year - we're shooting for January/February deliveries. The unit that was at DEMA is a diving unit (meaning its been on a divers back in the water) so we're only tweaking the firmware, and building the PC program for uploads/downloads so that when we ship to someone we should not have to see the unit again.

All the best,

Kevin.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by scunick  View Original Post
    Trish knows my delivery address......
    It looks even better than I expected and we all know that my expectations are always unreasonable.
    One Question. Have you got some extended DIVA clamps for those of us on Full Face Masks?
    Cheers

Nick
    Hey Nick - Thanks for the kind words - and your future earnings.

I'll talk to Jakub about that since he has a lot of experience with the BOV on the FFM - we'll come up with something that will work for that too.

Talk soon,

Kevin.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans  View Original Post
    Can we see the bit of video about the extreme? You mention it at the start of the video

Thats very very nice Kevin
    Audio failed on that section - Sorry but these things are done on the fly...

But Kevin said he was going to fly me up to his shop to shoot lots more hammer time stuff.....................
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 23rd November 2010 at 14:43.

King of the Geeks
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Kevin

Can you go into some detail on the software used for uploading gases and other info to the handset and downloading and analyzing and displaying the dive data?

John
    Hey John,

That is in process at the moment - but I will tell you that you will be able to define all your gasses, setpoints, etc. in your PC and upload it to the HH.

As for the Download: I'm of 2 minds at the moment - we have a LOT of info which is stored in the system at 1 Hz - I could go into a list, but essentially it is everything the CPU is aware of within the architecture.

We are building our own PC Interface, obviously, but I'm also contemplating making the output files accessible to third-party folks so they can develop their own User Interfaces to the Hammerhead.

There are now a few programs out there with brilliant GUI's for CCR diving, and it may be a good idea not to try and reinvent the wheel.

Take care,

Kevin.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Here is a link a thread on the Extreme with pics...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=29941

Note that the cell holder currently in the Extreme is a 4 cell version.

Dive Safe....

Mark

RBW Member gfb is an unknown quantity at this point gfb's Avatar
    O2ptima

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Hey John,
    We are building our own PC Interface, obviously, but I'm also contemplating making the output files accessible to third-party folks so they can develop their own User Interfaces to the Hammerhead.
    It would be great if the communications protocol was open :) That way us Mac & Linux users could also get to the data and you wouldn't necessarily have to write software for those OS's.

Cheeky Monkey........... Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Here is a link a thread on the Extreme with pics...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=29941

Note that the cell holder currently in the Extreme is a 4 cell version.

Dive Safe....

Mark
    Thank you Mark.
    Ive seen that stuff, was hoping to see it on film

Best
    Paul

Cheeky Monkey........... Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Audio failed on that section - Sorry but these things are done on the fly...

But Kevin said he was going to fly me up to his shop to shoot lots more hammer time stuff.....................
    Do you think he'll fly me over to

lol

Thank you Curt

Paul

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by gfb  View Original Post
    It would be great if the communications protocol was open :) That way us Mac & Linux users could also get to the data and you wouldn't necessarily have to write software for those OS's.

Kevin is a mac dweeb so you can expect mac software...
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member Superspeed is an unknown quantity at this point Superspeed's Avatar
    Hammerhead

This looks awesome, so far have been just doing reading and research but it looks like when I do make the switch over to rebreathers its gonna be one of these awesome HHs with Rev D. Cant wait to see how the price works out and than get in the water with one of these awesome kits.