+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Juergensen Marine new products -DEMA 2010

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Re: Juergensen Marine new products -DEMA 2010

Kevin,
    Congrats on these new products. Seems like great features.
    2 questions:
    1) What's the rational for having the "buddy light" on the DIVA as opposed to positionning it on the back of the diver where it can be seen by your buddy even if he's not facing you? In my experience (one of my buddy dives a Sentinel) I find it very usefull to see his "buddy light" when he's not facing me: gives me peace of mine when I see it green. If not I swim to him and check his status. If he's facing me I can already see him acting funny/looking at his displays.... and I can can see his HUD reflecting on his mask glass anyway.
    2) As you may recall I dive mCCRs, a CopisHammer among others. Are there any kind of electronic devices out there that would allow to display in plain digits the average PO2 on the DIVA? I'd be happy with a [green=good / red=bad + average PO2] HUD.
    Best
    Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe GERIN; 23rd November 2010 at 08:50.

Aussie KISSer IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Wow, Lots of very nice features.

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Trish knows my delivery address......
    It looks even better than I expected and we all know that my expectations are always unreasonable.
    One Question. Have you got some extended DIVA clamps for those of us on Full Face Masks?
    Cheers

Nick

RBW Member Concinal is an unknown quantity at this point Concinal's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Great job Kevin!
    You are explicit and complete as always!

Thank You

Lino

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by gfb  View Original Post
    Don't get me wrong, the other features look awesome, I just don't want a GPS module and all the additional code & hardware liability it brings with it tied in to my life support.

If that is all it takes, then don't buy it

Problem solved

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Kevin

Can you go into some detail on the software used for uploading gases and other info to the handset and downloading and analyzing and displaying the dive data?

John

Cheeky Monkey........... Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans's Avatar

Can we see the bit of video about the extreme? You mention it at the start of the video

Thats very very nice Kevin

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    Great job! Can't wait to get the Rev D!

Will the PO2 still be user selected to show in PO2 mode or set point mode? It wasn't clear from the video.
    Hey Howard,

Yes - you will be able to select PO2 or User SetPoint modes - but the Buddy Light will only be User SetPoint - don't want anyone thinking you're having an emergency when your ppO2 is .90...

The Buddy Light is also user selectable - so it isn't "ON" unless you tell it to be on. This feature will probably be most used by Instructors.

Take care,

Kevin.

RBW Member gfb is an unknown quantity at this point gfb's Avatar
    O2ptima

Thumbs up Re: Juergensen Marine new products -DEMA 2010

Thanks for the very thorough comment Kevin, I hadnt considered a RevC as primary and RevD as secondary driving the new diva. That sounds like a great setup to me :). As a budding ccr diver I'm probably just not quite in tune with what i should worry about and what isn't a big deal, so I apologize if I came off a little strong. On that note I'm pretty excited about the prospect of an upgraded secondary which will probably hurt the pocketbook less too :) any thoughts on price?

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    Kevin,
    Congrats on these new products. Seems like great features.
    2 questions:
    1) What's the rational for having the "buddy light" on the DIVA as opposed to positionning it on the back of the diver where it can be seen by your buddy even if he's not facing you? In my experience (one of my buddy dives a Sentinel) I find it very usefull to see his "buddy light" when he's not facing me: gives me peace of mine when I see it green. If not I swim to him and check his status. If he's facing me I can already see him acting funny/looking at his displays.... and I can can see his HUD reflecting on his mask glass anyway.
    2) As you may recall I dive mCCRs, a CopisHammer among others. Are there any kind of electronic devices out there that would allow to display in plain digits the average PO2 on the DIVA? I'd be happy with a [green=good / red=bad + average PO2] HUD.
    Best
    Philippe

Hi Philippe,

Great questions.

1) As you already know - in the Hammerhead, all the electronics reside in the peripheral Wrist Units and DIVA - so there are no electronics in the Head beyond the connections from the O2 Sensors via the Banana Block and the Primary or Secondary connection to the DIVA. This means that if we wanted to add a back-mounted buddy light (like the Cis Lunar Mark V did in 1997) we'd have to use a circuit of some sort.

I am not opposed to this idea at all, and I would assume some future iteration of the Hammerhead will incorporate this when we figure out a good way to provide electrical isolation for it.

2) There is a HUD I've seen that could display alphanumeric information - the concern I have about that is the wide disparity between divers, their vision requirements and capabilities. Some of our customers might have trouble reading the displays (which is why they haven't yet caught on in general diving use) - or the displays may not be easily transferable from mask to mask, etc.

Whenever you're designing a product for a broad group, you have to try and think about possible negative impacts of the choices you make. This is why I feel so lucky to have a large group of active diver customers who I can bounce ideas off of. I send something I think is totally cool to Mark Nix, say for instance, and he sends me back a full page of what I need to do to make it actually cool.

But I will say that the new DIVA uses communications vs. simple power switching, so we may take another look at that technology to see if we can make something which is a plug-and-play changeover for the new DIVA.

So, with all that said - if you wanted the current new DIVA to flash your AVERAGE ppO2 rather than the 3 Sensors in PO2 Mode, we could add that easily - making it another "mode" you can select in the DIVA menu. (See? Now you can claim you came up with part of the new Rev. D! ).

Take care,

Kevin.