+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Pit on dual HH

RBW Member starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas's Avatar

The Pit on dual HH

The Pit on dual HH.
    I just finished another step in Pit exploration.
    Main reason for this dive trip was dual HH test in cave. (Details of deep open water tests in Egypt are available @
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=35673
    Dual HH is quite big, so most challenging part of training was learning how to handle restrictions, proper use of DPV when laying new line and constant rebreather switching.
    Final Pit test dive took 7 hours to complete and resulted in 300 feet extension of main line past „Getin Step” ( see relation from Getin Step discovery dive @
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=33427
    Unfortunately, cave passage first is going up in very steep angle and then is dropping fast, that is bringing new challenge and complicating dive profile. Due to this reason I stopped further line expansion to the moment when I prepare proper deco procedure for such challenging, up and down, cave profile.
    I also discovered some problem areas in my dual HH construction, some elements will need to be redesigned and others replaced (mainly CCR hoses which are easily damaged).
    All dives were done solo with support team (same crew as in Egypt) assistance during deco stops and transportation.
    I would like to extend my gratitude to Matt and Patrick from Protec for help with tanks, gases, deco chamber arrangements, habitat. And, most important, for sharing their knowledge about caves and local reality.
    Equipment:
    ·Dual HH with two O2 tanks, two diluents tanks and air tank for dry suit.
    ·Dry suit made by Eques.
    ·Grailmarine lights
    ·Grailmarine small cameras

Attached Images

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Re: The Pit on dual HH

Starnas,

Thank you very much for your continued reporting of your project. It is quite interesting to follow! When you have more time, I would be interested to specifically which modifications you end up making to your double HH system. Additionally, I would be interested in hearing more about your decompression planning.

Thanks again for the effort to make the write ups and posting of pictures.

Warm regards,
    Randy

Kriss,
    Congratulations!!! That is one hell of a dive. It was good meeting you at Cave Excursions (I was the guy that helped you size the SM). Give me a heads up when you come back to NFL and I will try to find some caves here that hold your interest.

Bobby

Cave Addict CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh's Avatar
    HammerHead

Sentinel-Inspo-Optima-Prism 2

Very exciting to see people pushing the limits of exploration and equipment! And of course, any time I see the HH I can't help but look

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Gratuluje.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Great work and keep it up.
    Look forward to seeing you around and hearing about it.
    Good to see a successful project in the Pit also.
    All the best

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Starnas,

Thanks again for keeping us updated with Your Exploration of the PIT.
    Hopefully You will have Your Rebreather sorted out and back into the Cave soon.

All the very Best

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

yo Kryz

Congratulations again on your outstanding dive and thanx for sharing.

greetz
    Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

+ Reply to Thread