+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KISS GEM Interview Video - DEMA 2010

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

KISS GEM Interview Video - DEMA 2010

KISS GEM Interview with Mike Young.

Designer Mike Young speaks on the new KISS GEM technology at DEMA 2010.

RBW Member Pickles9876 is an unknown quantity at this point Pickles9876's Avatar
    KISS GEM

Re: KISS GEM Interview Video - DEMA 2010

Thanks Curt...

New Member Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz's Avatar

Looking forward to more interviews.
    Thanks Curt

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Looks like a very sweet unit.
    All the posibilities as a BOB

I am not entirely clear on the reasoning to put the ADV on the Exhalation T-piece.
    Diver has to suck through entire loop on inhale. The elasticity of all components probably does not help in trigerring the ADV.

Little water in the scrubber will also make it harder to activate the ADV.
    Few inches of water in scrubber might make diver unable to inhale. That could be potential issue with the intended audience - loose lipped OC diver.

Maybe there is a compelling reason to have the ADV on that side of the loop for this SCR design.
    (I managed to create feedback loop ADV to OPV on one of my prototypes)

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: KISS GEM Interview Video - DEMA 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    Looks like a very sweet unit.
    All the posibilities as a BOB

I am not entirely clear on the reasoning to put the ADV on the Exhalation T-piece.
    Diver has to suck through entire loop on inhale. The elasticity of all components probably does not help in trigerring the ADV.

Little water in the scrubber will also make it harder to activate the ADV.
    Few inches of water in scrubber might make diver unable to inhale. That could be potential issue with the intended audience - loose lipped OC diver.

Maybe there is a compelling reason to have the ADV on that side of the loop for this SCR design.
    Had the same thoughts, also why have the "real" OPV on the scrubber?

If the OPV leaks it autofloods the scrubber and give little to no water expulsion capacity.

I imagine that having both the ADV and the O2-cell on the inhale elbow would make a rather clunky piece, since the ADV would fire quite often it would also likely flush the sensor most of the time.

So perhaps they didn't want to have the sensorn on the exhale side which would give a consistently lower than average pO2 reading (conservative close to the surface). Although displaying a low pO2 might trick people to take it "just a little deeper". Also there is possibly water issues with having the sensor on the exhale side.

So if the sensor has to be on inhale perhaps they figured the ADV has to go on the exhale side?

As I see it the optimum would be to have the "real" OPV on the exhale lung, the ADV say on the inhale elbow and the pO2 sensor say at the scrubber exit. Or why not on some place dry enough on the exhale side, I think all PSCR's are more dangerous in the low pO2 range, so why not rather display a low reading?

Of course this is just me rambling with close to no knowledge of the design work, so I'm sure they have it though out.

Looks interesting anyway, especially that "automagic" PSCR-mouthpiece...

/Anders

Dave Mitchell akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst's Avatar
    KISS Classic Explorer

Kiss Classic

I'm not sure but if you are extending the gas supply by 3 then wouldn't you want to scrub 1/3 less CO2? By injecting on the exhale side the gas is mixing pre-scrubber and diluting the CO2 (as it's designed).

Granted the cartridge is designed for X hours at normal Co2 levels but wouldn't this extend the cartridge life beyond that since there is less to scrub?

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

Quote Originally Posted by akscubainst  View Original Post
    I'm not sure but if you are extending the gas supply by 3 then wouldn't you want to scrub 1/3 less CO2? By injecting on the exhale side the gas is mixing pre-scrubber and diluting the CO2 (as it's designed).

Granted the cartridge is designed for X hours at normal Co2 levels but wouldn't this extend the cartridge life beyond that since there is less to scrub?
    Perhaps you even dont need a cartridge