Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: VR Technologies new Sport rebreather images

Fabio Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Sentinel

Re: VR Technologies new Sport rebreather images

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    So there are electronics in this unit doing what I was doing manually 10 years ago on my Azimuth and that you can also do on a UBS40.
    I'm curious to see the price of that VR Sport unit!
    Best
    Philippe
    Not the same, you'll save a lot of gas and a lot less bubble noise.
    I'm curious to see the price too!

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Quote Originally Posted by Diveimage  View Original Post
    Having recently worked on a CCR stand at a UK dive show, I would say there was is a definite gap in the market for a reasonably priced CCR/SCR.
    Many folk who came onto the stand didn’t want to go deep but were interested in a Rebreather for photography. Due mainly for the lack of bubbles and the extended dive times.
    However, what was turning them off from going down the Rebreather route wasn’t to old ‘you’re gonna to die on one of them dar things’ (in fact we had very few comments along this line) but the price was the main hurdle stopping them from going Rebreather….
    So my feeling is there is a rationale for this unit as long as it’s sensibly priced. Otherwise IMHO it’s doomed to go the way of the Drager Dolphin….

Funny I had a diver who is an avid UW photographer who wouldn.t touch a rebreather with a bargepole.... I convinced him to do a Dolphin SCR course with me and he was hooked! After a few hours he closed the unit..then decided to buils his own CCR he is now on his third.. they are great I have taken them to 70m...need to test to 100m plus so waiting for warmer water next summer for the long run times as we are all wimps in AQABA.

Seriously I was wondering why everyone was talking recreational CCR when we already had the Dolphin after Dragr stopped supplying to the public... (they still make a military version with 3 jets) I wondered why no one had stepped in the gap with a souped up SCR for recreational diving so well done to VR technologies for having the balls to try this..

I know many centres here in the Red Sea with many dead Dolphin SCRs after the CCRs were seen as more sexy by potential users..

Strangely many of my Dolphin students have managed to purchase units at very good prices...there are a lot out there...so what the hell go for a second hand Dolphin if on a budget...spares are readily available as are conversion kits to CCR and all manner of variations!

RBW Member Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis is a glorious beacon of light Submis's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    SIMPLE
    Attachment 22169

I don't get it, why is this picture of Curt and Linda in this post?
    Last edited by Submis; 24th February 2011 at 22:17.

RBW Member warjarrett has a spectacular aura about warjarrett has a spectacular aura about warjarrett has a spectacular aura about warjarrett has a spectacular aura about warjarrett has a spectacular aura about warjarrett has a spectacular aura about warjarrett's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini

Prism, Meg Copis, KISS Sport

But, how does it work differently than any old SCR?

Congratulations everyone, we have established that orange and sleek is sexy.

I read through six pages of this chat and watched a video, yet the only thing I know about this unit is that some people like the way it looks and others don't. To me, it looks like a SCR, compact and light, just as all SCRs have been.

Ok, I also learned, from the video, that it automatically releases gas or adds gas to maintain constant bouyancy. Nothing mentioned about how constant it can maintain PO2. But obviously it also must release and add gas to keep PO2 within acceptable range, and probably not within the narrow range that CCR divers are accustomed to.

So what is it? How does it work? Does it vary the PO2 to optimize for depth? Does it regularly release gas while diving at constant depth (a no-no for CCR divers)? Well it must, because it doesn't have pure O2 to replace what the diver consumes. As PO2 gets too low, it must release breathed gas before it can add fresh Nitrox.

I suspect that everytime a diver descends a bit, it merely allows PO2 to increase, and adds gas to maintain buoyancy. Everytime the diver ascends, it releases gas, allows PO2 to decrease, continues to maintain buoyancy... then, approaching the surface, somehow it has to continue lowering bouyancy and increase PO2. That means keeping already breathed gas separate from not yet breathed gas. Or, electronically controlling both BC gas volume and counterlung gas volume.

I suspect that anyone with CCR experience will not like this thing, because it makes bubbles and it cannot maintain even close to a constant PO2. How is this different than any old SCR?

Compare it to a Fieno. Nick Icorn's museum of diving history includes this SCR, and it is very cute, small, and light. But not sexy orange, no transparent breathing hoses, and no automatic bouyancy control.
    Last edited by warjarrett; 31st January 2011 at 04:04.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Warren.s above post poses a real interesting question, can anybody answer this with real insight rather than interpreting the video post.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Yes, no different from any other SCR one would work on FIO2, just seems to have added electronics to make it look cooler etc. Unfortunately this will also most likely add to the price...

With a resurge of interest in rebreathers in general I have taught a lot of Drager Dolphin courses over th past couple of years...most are taking the course to see if rebreather diving appeals to them....some recreational divers and some tec divers...most tec divers then move to CCR or find a Dolphin SCR for sale and convert to an mCCR. Recreational divers also tend to find a unit for sale...there are quite a lot around and can be obtained at very cheap prices if lucky nowadays...I also keep my unit ready and the third category of holiday dives then rent the unit from me when they visit.

So another SCR on the market is well overdue...but why all the electronics...a simple unit could be made at a price that would tempt many more recreational divers to try....CCR for the recreational holiday diver as per PADI's R type rebreather will be too expensive for all but a few dive centres to maintain a rental stock and too expensive for the holiday diver to buy...CCRrs will remain a tool for tec divers for many years to come...and as for the photo angle SCR is great for this...despite a small leak of bubbles...Ive seen CCR diver with more bubbles and leaks on many occasions!

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Re: But, how does it work differently than any old SCR?

Quote Originally Posted by warjarrett  View Original Post
    Ok, I also learned, from the video, that it automatically releases gas or adds gas to maintain constant bouyancy. Nothing mentioned about how constant it can maintain PO2. But obviously it also must release and add gas to keep PO2 within acceptable range, and probably not within the narrow range that CCR divers are accustomed to.

So what is it? How does it work? Does it vary the PO2 to optimize for depth? Does it regularly release gas while diving at constant depth (a no-no for CCR divers)? Well it must, because it doesn't have pure O2 to replace what the diver consumes. As PO2 gets too low, it must release breathed gas before it can add fresh Nitrox.

I suspect that everytime a diver descends a bit, it merely allows PO2 to increase, and adds gas to maintain buoyancy. Everytime the diver ascends, it releases gas, allows PO2 to decrease, continues to maintain buoyancy... then, approaching the surface, somehow it has to continue lowering bouyancy and increase PO2. That means keeping already breathed gas separate from not yet breathed gas. Or, electronically controlling both BC gas volume and counterlung gas volume.

I suspect that anyone with CCR experience will not like this thing, because it makes bubbles and it cannot maintain even close to a constant PO2. How is this different than any old SCR?
    Presenting this construction in Warsaw Phill Schort. Learned of the SCR with a constant ppO2 (SIVA +), it was new information for him.
    Information on how to achieve the constant ppO2 at specified depth I handed Kevin Gurr.
    The SCR can achieve a lot, but chief designer afraid to do innovative design In field ppO2. Without limiting the depth due to oxygen toxicity.

You can maintain a constant ppO2 from a certain depth and also to do it safely, which was not possible mechanical solutions.
    Read my first post on this forum You will know to what level I told.

greet rc (pozdrawiam rc)

rEvo combat swimmer fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman's Avatar
    rEvo

Orca

Hey is that green light in the translucent side thing a PPO2 indicator for your buddy--what a novel idea, I don't think the diver will be able to see it though.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Is this thing going to be built?

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Is this thing going to be built?
    SCR a constant ppO2 are long known. Successor SIVA +. produces Cobham.
    https://www.cobham.com/media/71299/M...20ADV10587.pdf
    My SCR SMS assembled from chemically with oxygen did not kill the designer.

greet rc

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6