JJ-CCR

Re: VR Technologies new Sport rebreather images

Getting closer....

RBW Member drew_b is an unknown quantity at this point drew_b's Avatar
    Stolen :(

Vision, Homemade

Can you do clear hoses with that?

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Joking aside, clear hoses, BOV, lungs (The Loop) would be an aid to cleaning IMO.

We've had a few units and counterlungs sent her for repairs and clearly theyve been "cleaned" but when you nlook at the lung inside are pretty grim... also when I split a breathing hose a few years ago (despite it being cleaned regularly) was abit green inside....

I notice medical anesthesia loops tend to be transparent, I imagine that easy checking for cleanliness might be part of the choice behind that design choice.

I know its not "cool and techie" but there might be a good, solid design reason for it, typically those parts are too small to inspect inside (unlike the scrubber) so why not make them transparent, so long as they are as strong and robust as the materials used currently and pass the relavent tests?

At the end of the day dive equipment should be chosen on functionality and performance not looks IMO.

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

...and when all these sophisticated,high-tech electronics fail, and went all your loop content, then you can just start breathing water. I hope it doesn't have Win 7 running on it!

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by rolanddiver  View Original Post
    ...and when all these sophisticated,high-tech electronics fail, and went all your loop content, then you can just start breathing water. I hope it doesn't have Win 7 running on it!
    Dissapointed by the negativity on this board for an interesting new product...

How are the electronics of this SCR likely to be any more failure prone/dangerous than those on an ECCR.

What a bunch of luddites, just because it looks and works differently lets throw our hands in the air and run around like the sky is falling!

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

I'm not negative at all, just trying to point it out, that having too much of electronics introduces more failure points. Also more complex electronics require more complex softwares that has more room for bugs. For example if the device measuring the amount of gas added to the loop is failing one way or the other then the expelled gas amount will not be matching up with the predicted one calculated by the controller, therefore it either throws off your buoyancy or get you to the point where you will be on real minimum loop volume= not enough gas to breath. of course it would be nice to know more about it. I might have just misunderstood the whole concept behind it. Just my 2 cents.

VR

Roland Somodi
    Last edited by rolanddiver; 22nd November 2010 at 18:17.

RBW Member ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Dissapointed by the negativity on this board for an interesting new product...

How are the electronics of this SCR likely to be any more failure prone/dangerous than those on an ECCR.

What a bunch of luddites, just because it looks and works differently lets throw our hands in the air and run around like the sky is falling!
    I agree, not sure why all the negative remarks. VR is one of the innovators in this industry yet it seems many ccr divers seem to prefer to remain in the stone age.

While I would not be looking for a rec unit, it looks interesting and probably has several "firsts" under the hood worth looking at.

And by the way, the design on a dyson is quite remarkable...as far as vacuum cleaners go. Top brand anyway, so perhaps not a bad analogy for vr.

Alex

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalDiver  View Original Post
    I agree, not sure why all the negative remarks. VR is one of the innovators in this industry yet it seems many ccr divers seem to prefer to remain in the stone age.

Alex

I would have to agree with Alex.

VR Technologies has been in the forefront of the rebreather and dive computer innovation for many years.

Headed by Kevin Gurr, VR Technologies is designing the first of equipment that will be morphed into the products our children will be diving in the future.

Manufacturers like VR, who spend millions of dollars, and countless man-hours to produce “out-of-the-box” designs, so that we as adventurers can extend out limited underwater experience.

New products may not fit our “IDEA”, But if “TheSnorkelingWorld.com” internet forum was around when the Aqualung was posted, I wonder how much crap the old time snorkelers would be posting?

"Look at that crap, two hoses and a round metal box, probably sucks even harder than a rubber garden hose"!
    It will never work and only strokes will buy it!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    I would have to agree with Alex.

VR Technologies has been in the forefront of the rebreather and dive computer innovation for many years.

Headed by Kevin Gurr, VR Technologies is designing the first of equipment that will be morphed into the products our children will be diving in the future.

Manufacturers like VR, who spend millions of dollars, and countless man-hours to produce “out-of-the-box” designs, so that we as adventurers can extend out limited underwater experience.

New products may not fit our “IDEA”, But if “TheSnorkelingWorld.com” internet forum was around when the Aqualung was posted, I wonder how much crap the old time snorkelers would be posting?

"Look at that crap, two hoses and a round metal box, probably sucks even harder than a rubber garden hose"!
    It will never work and only strokes will buy it!
    very nice !

RBW Member garyd is an unknown quantity at this point garyd's Avatar
    KISS Classic #408

That's a good one Curt!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast