Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: VR Technologies new Sport rebreather images

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Re: VR Technologies new Sport rebreather images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    FWIW Its the first VR Tech rebreather I've seen that doesn't make me a little sick in my own mouth on the looks front

Are we looking at the same oversized orange lump with the old BOV knob that everybody hated, the counter lung in the middle of your back and a Fisher Price plastic box with lights in it out of sight behind you?

I am underwhelmed by the engineering on my Sentinel but from the look of it this thing is going to make that look quite good.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

VR Technologies Jeff Gourley announces the new "SPORT" rebreather design. DEMA 2010

Mr Fox Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox's Avatar
    Sentinel

KISS

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh  View Original Post

I am underwhelmed by the engineering on my Sentinel but from the look of it this thing is going to make that look quite good.
    i was assuming that is the scrubber unit and plugs in somehow...

it kind of makes me think of the robot from the Lost in Space, in fact i think looking at the loop hoses i'm even more convinced of it.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh  View Original Post

Are we looking at the same oversized orange lump with the old BOV knob that everybody hated, the counter lung in the middle of your back and a Fisher Price plastic box with lights in it out of sight behind you?

Remember the target audience, the overengineered floppiness of the Sentinel isn't going to cut it in resort/rec 40mtr max land. They want something that "looks" like a actionman rebreather not the confusing tech of its big brother.

So Curts video explains, its an hESCR.... potentially a revolutionary unit then!

If nothing else this is aimed square at the Discovery (a fellow 40mtr "clever" rec unit) be interesting to see how its priced and marketed.

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

So, so many years after whe got an elecrtonical UK FIENO
    worth waiting!

Hugh Miller HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspo, Sentinel, Mk15.5

Thanks for posting photos and video. It poses many questions though, scrubber, electronics, etc. Any of that information available? Launch date?

Shame it wasnt shown at EuroTek, even if it wasnt ready would have been nice to have had some info there.

Hugh

Diving SIL Technology Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather

IDA-71, Ray, LarV, Meg, C96

Looks kind of like the UBS 40 with electronics.

Pretty cool but I am not sure I would call it sexy.

Thom
    Last edited by Thom Susko; 19th November 2010 at 16:48.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

I think that the transparent plastic parts will be very useful when PADI divers poke holes through the loop. Their buddies will be able to watch fish swim through as the diver gasps for a last breath.

RBW Member aquj10 is an unknown quantity at this point aquj10's Avatar

The market could be large for an RB endorsed by PADI.

As PADI are likely to start sport diver RB training courses and need a mechanical or electronic semi closed recreational nitrox rebreather. This thread is very interesting $.
    Bring on the commercial interestests + competition.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

So there are electronics in this unit doing what I was doing manually 10 years ago on my Azimuth and that you can also do on a UBS40.
    I'm curious to see the price of that VR Sport unit!
    Best
    Philippe

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast