+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Loop disinfecting-how long beteen cleaning?

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Loop disinfecting-how long beteen cleaning?

I'm off for three days of diving soon, and I was wondering how long others would go for before they disninfected the loop.

I'll be draining the loop each day, and diving it on each of the three days as well, and it will be starting off clean and dry.

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

Re: Loop disinfecting-how long beteen cleaning?

Dismantle it, swill it in the sea, wizz it round your head, your good to go, three days no sweat.

I ran out of disinfectant about two weeks ago, the new stuff hasn't arrived yet, and i'm still fit as a fiddle.

New Member CCRDVR is an unknown quantity at this point CCRDVR's Avatar

I got in the habbit of giving the counter lungs and hoses a good rinse upon completion of the day's diving. Is this excessive? Beats me. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freef
    I'm off for three days of diving soon, and I was wondering how long others would go for before they disninfected the loop..
    I'd do it when I get back.

I usually reason that any biological agent that can fight its way through three kilos of 'lime will laugh at any disinfectants, short of filling it with petrol and torching it. I clean it before I leave it or it might all fester up and spread.

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

For a two day trip, when I get back home.
    For more, then I rinse each time I refill the scrubber and clean properly when I get back home.

RBW Member mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freef
    I'm off for three days of diving soon, and I was wondering how long others would go for before they disninfected the loop.

I'll be draining the loop each day, and diving it on each of the three days as well, and it will be starting off clean and dry.
    Well now I am going to get into trouble , but in my two years of diving my Dolphin I have only disinfected the loop twice
    I do, however, rinse the loop in fresh water after every diving day.

I am still alive though, and it should be noted that I live in Denmark and not in the tropics.

Morten

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

I disinfect and rinse after a days diving, it takes about 3 extra seconds to squirt the cleaner in and then leave it for 5 mins while I pack the rest of my stuff awaya, a couple o rinses and it's done.

Went 4 days once without doing it and then got a minor respiritory infection.

Not doing that again.

Cheers

Seb

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

I rinse with fresh water after each dive and desinfect after 2 or 3 days of dive and if I'll not be diving the unit for few days.
    Cheers,

Mike - www.protecdiving.com

Supporting Member Westwinds will become famous soon enough Westwinds will become famous soon enough Westwinds will become famous soon enough Westwinds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCRDVR
    I got in the habbit of giving the counter lungs and hoses a good rinse upon completion of the day's diving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagian
    I disinfect and rinse after a days diving, it takes about 3 extra seconds to squirt the cleaner in and then leave it for 5 mins while I pack the rest of my stuff awaya, a couple o rinses and it's done.
    Ditto. A few minutes at the end of the day seems to work well for me.

Westwinds.

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

Re: Loop disinfecting-how long between cleaning?

Had a week in the Red Sea with my Kiss. Forgot any disinfectant! Rinsed the hoses after each day & checked no significant amount of water in exhale lung, think I washed that out once mid-week too. No problems. I suspect rinsing out the exhale hose is the most important as this is where the drool goes!
    Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast