+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration 3 cylinder hire in Malta

RBW Member 14diving is on a distinguished road 14diving is on a distinguished road 14diving's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration 3 cylinder hire in Malta

Going to Malta next year with the RB and wondering about hiring cylinders ? Just had a price back of 12 euro per cylinder per day for 3's ! and a 7 litre ali is 7 euro per day with sounds ok. Since I'm there for 2 weeks that's a fair amount for the 3's so what do other's do ? Do you take you own out empty or any other places to hire. Also what about lime as again just got a price of 7.50 euro per kg. Take your own or what ?

Cheers
    Simon

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Re: Inspiration 3 cylinder hire in Malta

Quote Originally Posted by 14diving  View Original Post
    Going to Malta next year with the Rebreather and wondering about hiring cylinders ? Just had a price back of 12 euro per cylinder per day for 3's ! and a 7 litre ali is 7 euro per day with sounds ok. Since I'm there for 2 weeks that's a fair amount for the 3's so what do other's do ? Do you take you own out empty or any other places to hire. Also what about lime as again just got a price of 7.50 euro per kg. Take your own or what ?

Cheers
    Simon
    I don't remember the prices, but I rented from Strand: Strand Diving Services

At 12 euros per day for 14 days you're better off buying them!!

Malta is a tricky one as I'd recommend a dry-suit (unless you stay very shallow), and this eats your luggage. But if you can get a good baggage deal (I recall BA and Air Malta are reasonable) then taking your own seems sensible.

Cheers
    Matt.

RBW Member Zuercher is an unknown quantity at this point Zuercher's Avatar
    JJ-CCR,Triton M3S

Ap Inspiration Classic

I don't know about Malta Island itself , but in Gozo Diving in Gozo, Malta with Gozo Aqua Sports PADI 5 Star IDC Diving Centre
    have several sets of 3 liter inspiration tanks, bailouts, sofno, all gas fillings etc. and prices are not that high as you mentioned. I just checked that I paid 3 months ago 5 Eur /cylinder/day. I highly recommend to drop email for them and get your supplies from there.

Plastic Pom........ Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

Inspo

I took my own tanks this year....
    Air Malta are fine with tanks empty but valves attached.
    You can buy their sports bag allowance.

I have a friend that has sorb / tanks over there in the process of setting up on Malta that you might want to speak to alternately. Send me your email via PM and I will introduce you.

Not sure how you will get on with boosted O2 as that is also hard to find and I spent a lot of my time chasing gas depending on where you are based.

PL

RBW Member nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr's Avatar
    meg apecs 2.7 w/sw

A mate of mine is an instructor at buddies in Malta (top outfit for OC fun)

I mailed him and he recommends you drop Paul Toomer an email at the Dive matrix, apparently he's the rebreather guy on the island.

Hope that helps

RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

I've never been to Malta but I hear Paul Toomer is the man to go to. I know Al Wright formally of VR Tech helps Paul out so it is a serious outfit.

ATB,
    Marc

RBW Member S.R. Jones is an unknown quantity at this point S.R. Jones's Avatar

Hi Simon, we have what you need here at TecDeepBlue in Bugibba, 3l's for hire at 15 euros per set per day, regards Stuart.

Martini Diver Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW's Avatar
    rEvo III Expedition + others

rEvo Meg AP Sentinel KISS

You could rent a car cheaper. I'd take my own cylinders and buy the lime there.

RBW Member Northern Barry is an unknown quantity at this point Northern Barry's Avatar
    Vision +

At 15 Eu a pair you could post yours across, get them next day to your digs and vice versa.

RBW Member 14diving is on a distinguished road 14diving is on a distinguished road 14diving's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

I think I'll just buy an extra dive gear allowance and take the cylinders as will be 80 euro for the whole lot.
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Simon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast