+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jill Heinerth - NACD CCR Cave Summit

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Jill Heinerth - NACD CCR Cave Summit

2010 NACD CCR Cave Summit

CCR Cave Explorer Jill Heinerth speaks on CCR cave diving. (48 minutes)

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Re: Jill Heinerth - NACD CCR Cave Summit

After reading criticism in another RBW thread about a statistic from someone else she cited, I wanted to say that I think she did a very nice job covering a full array of Rebreather subjects, including a number of items that manufacturers need to be developing or continually improving. I am glad that we have people with her experience who are willing to speak up for what they believe which, in turn, helps to further our knowledge on a subject that is so important to all of us here.

Also, thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on the event, to video it, and to make it available for those of us who couldn't make it.

BTW, last week in FL I heard divers remark that they didn't go to the NACD Rebreather event this year because "it was the same old thing as last year." Personally, I think if someone or some organization is going to go to the trouble to stage a Rebreather function - especially of this caliber - that we should go out of our way to support it. Actually, it's the only such event I'm aware of (proud to be a NACD member) and would hate to see it go away for lack of support.

Sorry to rant, but you never know what you've got til it's gone.
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

Steve Rich stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm's Avatar
    rEvo II

Classic/Sport KISS

I'm sorry to see that my question about Jills statistic was taken as a criticism of this presentation. I greatly enjoyed this, and the other speakers, and would again like to thank Curt for taking the time to get these posted.

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    BTW, last week in FL I heard divers remark that they didn't go to the NACD Rebreather event this year because "it was the same old thing as last year." Personally, I think if someone or some organization is going to go to the trouble to stage a Rebreather function - especially of this caliber - that we should go out of our way to support it. Actually, it's the only such event I'm aware of (proud to be a NACD member) and would hate to see it go away for lack of support.

Sorry to rant, but you never know what you've got til it's gone.
    Actually this years event was vastly different in form than previous years... It was quite a bit less 'commercial' in nature, and allot more brain picking /experience based with some added bonuses thrown in for in-water try outs and photography...