+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Easy jet & Sharm el Shiek

RBW Member Rick is an unknown quantity at this point Rick's Avatar
    Sentinel

Re: Easy jet & Sharm el Shiek

Quote Originally Posted by clarkie  View Original Post
    I looked at the travel frame option but your right, weight wise theres no benefit. It just makes it more modular.

I may have to return to my twin set or maybe do another course on another Rebreather, and hire at resort. I really like flying the Sentinel but travelling could just be a pain in the arse!!
    what I do is take the wing and backplate off and take that in hand luggage along with reels; torch etc

Then stuff a 5mm semidry on top of the unit - just did this last week going to Sharm and its about 28kg in the Buckthorn case; cable tied and gaffer taped the top

Good news on Easyjet - we went Monarch and they similarly helpful. Be careful on the lime; we took a 20kg tub between 2 of us and got stopped by customs at LGW who told us that they were happy for it to go onboard but ultimately at the discretion of the airline; security bod mentioned that Easyjet do not allow it but Monarch do

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Sully  View Original Post
    [Easyjet] I paid £18 each way for extra baggage alowance which gave me a total of 50kgs split 30-20, not including hand luggage.

I booked my diving on line with Ocean Collage , they said they were ccr friendly and paid for a five day package...
    Hi,

I'm sorry you had a duff trip with Ocean Collage, sounds like one to avoid.

However, with 50kg I can easily fly with my unit and 2 cylinders, which is what I normally do.

In Sharm I have dived with Aaron (when he was at Emperor) and that was a perfect land-based trip. I've also dived from Whirlwind which was likewise for the cylinders and lime; perfect.

Regards
    Matt.

RBW Member jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland is just really nice jsevland's Avatar

Hi Sully

Sorry to hear about the mixed experience of the CCR (un)friendlyness
    at Ocean Collage. It would truly p*ss me of getting the wrong tanks.

My wife and I have been diving twice a year with Tekstreme/Emperor divers for the last 5 years.
    It's a shame Aaron Bruce is no longer with Tekstreme (long story), but we are still very happy diving with them.

One reason for choosing Tekstreme, is that they have an Evo for rental,
    as we only have 1 Evo but both dive CCR (yes I know ...)
    We also rent tanks and bailout, and there has never been any mix-up.

We always do our first day diving off the beach from Sharks Bay.
    (probably renamed now, due to resent events)
    This gives us a nice and relaxed day to tripple-check everything
    and do some skills and 6meter cell checks before jumping off the boats.

We are only MOD1, so we are happy to tag along on the OC diveboats with
    the rest of the Emperor divers.
    The guides and crew are well familiar with CCR divers and allways do their
    best to accomodate for our extra needs.

Normally, there are just the two of us diving CCR on the boat
    and the crew seems overly eager to support my wife and me as best they can.
    I just show them were I want my bailout clipped on the first day,
    and for the rest of the week there is a smiling Egyptian ready when ever I turn to look for the tank

We have also done a week Live Aboard CCR diving with Tekstreme
    and they had no problem supplying us with all we needed onboard.

I'm not saying this is the best CCR outfit in Sharm,
    but it's close to perfect for us.

jsevland and wife

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3