+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cheap Doppler, Any use?

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Cheap Doppler, Any use?

Quote Originally Posted by sherwood  View Original Post
    Ahhhh...the love between you two
    Ken, I can't imagine you being any more soaked then when you jumped in and ripped your suite in several places. It was truly a Kodak moment when you were coming back up the ladder with water squirting out of your suit everywhere!
    Glad I could provide the entertainment for the day.

RBW Member saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acuevas  View Original Post
    Is Doppler fetal heart monitor better than the vascular doppler monitor?

I know that fetal doppler are cheaper but on eBay there is this a vascular doppler monitor for only $99.00 and that is not too much.

NEW CE PROVED VASCULAR DOPPLER MONITOR 8MHZ PROBE J - eBay (item 280580966738 end time Nov-26-10 00:48:13 PST)

The Chinese dopplers are quite low cost, between $70-120 on eBay.

I can't be sure what they advertise is correct.

The higher the frequency, the deeper the penetration, but if it penetrates too deeply, you end up listening too through the artery/vein. So the trick is getting the frequency that makes the loudest sound.

The preferred ones are between 2-5 MHz and shaped line a pen to make it easier to manipulate it under the collar bone.

Just as example:

Just basic, no LCD monitor needed. They all should come with an audio input jack for headphones so you can listen with some cheapo earbuds in a noisy location. Headphones or earbuds you buy separately but any will do, I just got mine from a dollar store for $1.

RBW Member Owen P. Bermann is an unknown quantity at this point Owen P. Bermann's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by saturation  View Original Post
    The Chinese dopplers are quite low cost, between $70-120 on eBay.

I can't be sure what they advertise is correct.

The higher the frequency, the deeper the penetration, but if it penetrates too deeply, you end up listening too through the artery/vein. So the trick is getting the frequency that makes the loudest sound.

The preferred ones are between 2-5 MHz and shaped line a pen to make it easier to manipulate it under the collar bone.

Just as example:

Just basic, no LCD monitor needed. They all should come with an audio input jack for headphones so you can listen with some cheapo earbuds in a noisy location. Headphones or earbuds you buy separately but any will do, I just got mine from a dollar store for $1.
    Actually, the relationship between frequency and penetration is inverse. Higher frequency = less penetration. The 8 MHz probe is adequate to get to the subclavian vessels unless you're using them on someone really big.
    Higher frequency also gives you a larger Doppler shift which translates into a higher pitch (not necessarily louder, but should be easier to hear that the 2 MHz). The 8 MHz probes are typically used for detecting pulses in very superficial vessels in the extremities, usually feet, and wrist, but it can reach deeper. Your depth limit with the 8 MHz probe will likely be around 5 cm which shoud be fine.

Owen

RBW Member saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation's Avatar

Owen is right, my bad. The higher frequency is less penetration. My error.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3