+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Twins and "Free the Bubbles" or Silent Predator

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: Twins and "Free the Bubbles" or Silent Predator

I made the transition from recreational air directly to recreational CCR without going to doubles. I got into tec CCR very gradually over several years.

I found that CCR is a great way of extending the range of even recreational diving. Some of my best dives have been 1.5-2 hr dives with a max depth of 130-150 ft. I enjoy wreck and reef diving. my favorite long dives are where there is something to see at every depth so I can continuously decompress rather than stage decompress.

If I were to do it over again, I'd start by getting a 40CF "Pony bottle" and doing staged nitrox dives before going CCR ... this would have helped me ease into having to juggle multiple tanks and mixes. If I had known how easy it was to carry around pony bottles I might have stuck with OC a bit longer as I was initially mostly interested in extending bottom time. I still would not bother with doubles.

One of the things that really has sold me on CCR even for recreational dives is how much less "nitrogen burn" I feel after multiple dives... I have more energy, clearer memories...

regards,
    George
    Last edited by Gill Envy; 3rd November 2010 at 22:17.

Gill Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Skipbreather  View Original Post
    To the above I would add: If you penetrate shipwrecks it is only a matter of IF, not WHEN you will get snagged. CCR gives you the luxury of time to think your way out of a situation, considering options for the best solution to the problem, rather than having to use the first solution that comes to mind due to a rapidly dwindling OC gas supply.

Oh, and it looks really cool, too!

Ken

As always, the exact right answer.

Throw in, I dropped a lot of weight off my back after Surgery.

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

I'm asking myself the same questions as the OP.

ie. doubles or CCR?

That said, the GEM unit looks interesting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2