Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

Next year we will be heading out into the Gulf of Thailand with Tech Thailand on our annual Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition. This year it will be a little different as the MV Trident is now sitting on the bottom, deliberately sunk as a dive wreck....A fitting end to the vessel which spent her last years taking divers to dive wrecks!! Next year Tech Thailand's new vessel, the MV Giamani will be taking us with more comfort and style than we have ever seen in the past.

trident sink1.jpg

This year we are planning to add the option of some cave diving after we return from the Gulf....It could make it a bit more attractive to some of you who can get in some more diving and make the trip over a bit more cost economical and add a bit of variety to the trip.

Pristine WW2 wrecks in 85F/29C water ranging from 130fsw/40msw to 260fsw/80msw with the ever possible new wreck find is the reason we return to dive each year with the MV Trident crew (we found two on the 2009 trip, Kinrei Maru and the Taiyru Maru, that were littered with brass portholes).
    However, this year will be different. Firstly, the MV Trident has been retired and replaced with a more updated and luxurious ship the MV Giamani. Twin share cabins with ensuite bath and individual A/C.

giamani.jpg

Secondly, for those that like both wrecks and caves we will be offering an optional 3 day add on to allow a visit and dive exploration of some of the Thailand Caves. The topside beauty of Khao Sok hides the many freshwater caves carved into its limestone sides (35M) and there is even a sunken village on the lake bottom at 90M.

thailand aug 2008 014s.jpg

WRECK DIVING:
    The Wreck diving trip will depart from Koh Samui, Thailand on May 9, 2011 in the pm. Our 6 days of wreck diving will start the next day with an equipment shake out dive. Final selection of wrecks will be decided with the other trip participants and the Crew but could include one or more days of searching for new virgin wrecks as well as dives on USS Lagarto (73M), Tottori Maru which was one of the Hellships (75M), several Maru's (60M) sunk in 1945 by the USS Hammerhead submarine and 1940 by the Dutch Submarine O-19. Additional site include a Japanese Destroyer (55M) and a Dutch submarine (40M). We will return back to Koh Samui early am on May 16th.
    CAVE DIVING:
    Members that wish to add on the cave option will depart for the mainland and the caves of Khao Sok on the morning of May 16th. Depending upon qualification, experience and interest dives at Song Hong and/or Sre Keow caves may be conducted in addition. We will dive the caves for 3 days and return to Koh Samui on May 19th.

COST AND PAYMENT:
    Cost for Wreck Trip is 75,000THB = $2,500USD at current exchange
    Cost for Cave Trip is $25,000THB = $835USD at current exchange
    1/3 to secure spot, 1/3 Feb 1st and balance Apr 1st
    Included in the trip cost are:
    Transfer to/from Samui Airport to MV Giamani
    Meals on board ship while underway and during diving and while on Cave trip
    Air, O2 and Nitrox and two bailout/deco tanks.
    Transportation to and from Cave diving sites and Samui and 2 night’s accommodations
    Additional cost:
    Air Transportation
    Helium (3 THB/L=$0.1USD/L) and CO2 absorbent (450 THB/Kg=$15USD/Kg)
    CCR tanks (3000THB = $100USD for the trip)
    Sorb/Beer

Let me know if you are interested as there are limited places.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

Lance and I are arranging this trip togeather.

Many of you have read Lance's trip reports from several past trips. I have been on this trip 3 previous times. In 2009 we looked for some new wrecks and were lucky enough to find two. One sunk by a US Sub and one by a Dutch Sub. That was a very exciting trip.

Anyone that wishes to come along can contact either Lance or me to secure your place or to get your questions answered.

John

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

thats is guys promo diving in some of the worlds deepest caves as a holiday!!!

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    thats is guys promo diving in some of the worlds deepest caves as a holiday!!!
    I really can't work out what is the point you're trying to make Matt????

RBW Member matchless is an unknown quantity at this point matchless's Avatar
    Inspo w/ HH

Hey Lance,

I wouldn't miss it for the world - put me down please. Will discuss the cave option with you directly.

A Lance Robb trip - "nobody does it better..."

Hope to see some of the Truk boys on board (my PLB will be in place by the way).

Michael

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Hi Lance,
    put me on the wreck trip. For cave trip, it's impossible, my Xpedition in Sardinia ( http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=35552 ) start on may 19, et normally i'll arrive 2 days before the trip.

Best

Aldo
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

Wink Re: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

Lance,

I would love to go any idea on the dates? (D'oh! just found the dates May 9, 2011) I will work on the wife!!
    I am sure she would love a holiday in Thailand 1 week without me and 1 week with (I need the baggage allowance)

Louis
    Last edited by louisrankin; 31st October 2010 at 11:27.

Quote Originally Posted by louisrankin  View Original Post
    Lance,

I would love to go any idea on the dates? (D'oh! just found the dates May 9, 2011) I will work on the wife!!
    I am sure she would love a holiday in Thailand 1 week without me and 1 week with (I need the baggage allowance)

Louis
    Everyone should have an Excess Baggage Sherpa

Regards,

Lance

I am in the process of getting the trip numbers together and we still have a few spots available if you'd like to join us but places are numbered so don't leave it until too late.

Regards,

Lance

Unfortunately we have had to cancel the trip with Jamie this year due to Jamie having to return to the UK.

I have been looking for an alternative but without Jamie's expertise and local knowledge we really are just wasting our time.

My apologies for everyone who wanted to join us and lets hope Jamie is back on deck next year.

Regards,

Lance

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast