+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eurotech 2010

EXPLORER Leigh Bishop is an unknown quantity at this point Leigh Bishop's Avatar

Re: Eurotech 2010

On behalf of the Eurotek team I’d first like to say a big thank you to everyone who attended Eurotek.2010 and gave us his or her full support. I’d also like to thank my co organisers Rosemary Lunn, Crispin Brake and a special thank you to our new man on board the team deep wreck diver Mark Dixon.

I still have a jam packed van to unload but thought I’d sit here first this morning will a cup of tea and chill out after what can on be described from an organiser angle, as a hectic and tiring weekend. Not to mention the months of hard work leading up to the show.

This is was our 2nd Eurotek Advanced Diving Conference and I hope it was somewhat more polished than in 2008. We want you to know that the four of us are divers like you guys with other jobs and we are still learning so hopefully Eurotek 2012 will be even better (if that’s possible!). All four of us are dedicated to putting on a first class conference and nothing less will do.

As soon as Eurotek.2008 finished I immediately began the process of (after much research and keeping my ears open as to what’s happening and who’s doing what) recruiting, press ganging, persuading who I considered to be a first class speaker for the 2010 Conference. I believe I succeeded in putting together a program for the weekend that is going to be hard for me to equal or better for 2012, but you know what I will begin next week and try my best.

If the speakers are like me, and I expect they are, they put long hours into building a presentation to deliver to an audience of advanced divers so here’s a massive thank you to all our speakers from all four of us. And a special thank you goes out to those whose first language, as has already been quoted on this thread, is not English, you did a brilliant job!

Despite the fact that we have speakers from around the world Eurotek is about European diving and I truly believe that Europe has some of the most advanced divers in the world and above all they are out there doing it, often in conditions that others would consider their worst nightmare.

As Rosemary said at the Awards evening as organisers we don’t get to see many presentations ourselves but this year I made a point of attending those delivered by our Scandinavian friends. And needless to say they were some of the best presentations I have seen accompanied with what can only be described as stunning photography and video.

I also managed to see Evan Kovacs 3D work and his neat 3D footage of Titanic he only shot two weeks ago. For sure, as he said, it wasn’t colour corrected yet but was still awesome to see. This was, we believe the first time 3D has been projected onto a big screen at a diving event like this. It took us months to figure out how we were going to do this and where to get the technology from with our first quotes for hiring the equipment coming in at around 28 thousand pounds. We have nailed it now and Evan told me last night he’s going to come back in 2012 armed with some quality material that will blow us away. He is the man when it comes to underwater filming!

I learned last night that because of our health and safety laws here in the UK that the security personnel where turning people away when they thought the rooms were at full capacity for fire regulations. It later transpired that on several occasions it just looked from their point of view to be full where in fact there were still seats here and there.

I apologise to those who were turned away from lectures that they wanted to see and will ensure that in 2012 our Emcees work with the security to ensure every seat is full and no one is disappointed. If that happens again after that then we will have to reconsider using another venue with larger capacity.

Thanks to everyone who approached me and thanked me for the delivery of my presentation that kicked the weekend off. Indeed it was perhaps the hardest presentation I have ever had to deliver, but if everyone that was in that room has learnt something to take away with them I will be happy as that’s what I did it for. I just want everyone to be safe and be double carful with their diving. Those who saw Don Shirley’s talk about the incident analysis of the attempted body recovery in one of the world’s deepest caves 'Boesmansgat in South Africa, all I can say is that when anything starts going wrong on a dive or is out of the ordinary then just abort before things start to accumulate. As was evident in my presentation about the death of Carl Spencer.

Thanks to everyone who voted for those that won the Awards at the Gala evening dinner, many people agreed that they all went to the right people this year.

Isn’t it just great to see everyone in Tuxedos with their ladies, we certainly know how to do it in style here in Europe, I mean when will you ever get to see the likes of Martin Farr, Rick Stanton, Phill Short in a Tux? Oh and Agnes Milowka and Jill Heinerth in high heels! Brilliant!

To finish I’d like to thank everyone who helped make Eurotek the success it is but before I do that can I say that when I get a moment this week I will build a feedback form into the website so please please give us your feedback. If its good great we will post your comments on our board. The team will meet in a few weeks to go over how we can make 2012 even more polished so if you have any thoughts about how anything went from your personal view good or bad then as I say please let us know.

Thanks to everyone on rebreather world who supported us.

Heres to Eurotek 2012 Eurotek advanced diving conference

Leigh Bishop

Our thanks go to all the speakers, Chimp and Eurotek 2010 photographer Gareth Lock, Teresa & Christine Telus, Paul Mee, Barry Smith, David Strike, Sally Cartwright, Richard Stevenson, Rosemary’s better half Barry and last but not least Georgia Ralley, oh and everyone who helped get the Brass in and out. Cheers Guys.
    Leigh Bishop
    co organiser EuroTek Tek diving show
    www.eurotek.uk.com & www.eurotekpodcasts.com
    Shipwreck Exploration
    www.deepimage.co.uk

EXPLORER Leigh Bishop is an unknown quantity at this point Leigh Bishop's Avatar

Cant wait for Oztek now in March.
    Leigh Bishop
    co organiser EuroTek Tek diving show
    www.eurotek.uk.com & www.eurotekpodcasts.com
    Shipwreck Exploration
    www.deepimage.co.uk

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Leigh, I wasn't able to catch you to congrats directly, not only for the show but also for your presentation and for this, you're a brave.

Thanks

Nad

RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

Leigh,

Many thanks to you and the rest of the team for putting on such a great show. Very much looking forward to 2012.

Can't wait to see what the colleagues from Down Under come up with in March.

ATB,
    Marc

Because I Can Diveimage is an unknown quantity at this point Diveimage's Avatar
    MEG

AP Classic&Evo Meg Copis&APECS

Thanks to the organizers of Eurotech 2010 for a great evening's entertainment and food at the Gala dinner. We all enjoyed the night very much. The whole evening was well organized with interesting speeches, fun presentations & the film dedicated to Carl Spencer was very moving.
    The prize draw was great too - especially as my wife won the Otter dry suit....

Regards,
    Simon

Couple of photo's from the night..

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Leigh, Roz and the rest of the team, you guys (and girls) did a fantastic job.
    Pawel, it was great meeting you.

For those who couldn't attend the show. We have done 12 video podcasts with key speakers including Simon Mitchell, Leigh, Martin Parker, Jim Standing, Tom Mount, Bruce Wienke, ... just to name a few. The podcasts will be spiced up with loads of extra footage and pictures.

The interviews will be released on several of your favorite diving websites and of course on Eurotek TV and at HD Dive Videos.

We will start releasing them by the end of the week.

We'll keep you posted.

Take care,

Peter
    Submerge Productions

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Just a few from the evening.

Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Dinner with a great bunch of people.

Though questions during the Rebreather Panel.

The Liquivision team was stronger than ever!

You can check out the rest of the pictures here:

Silent Thrill Limited Archive EuroTek 2010 Brief and Pictures
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

i was trying to avoid the pictures of me all dressed up coming out , so thanks for that brent..
    but a massive thank you to all team behind eurotek 2010, the first one was great, this one was spectacular, 2012 can only be better..if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    Just a few from the evening.

Last edited by sadave; 1st December 2010 at 00:39.
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Fantastic event... great speakers and awesome opportunities...
    Best Speech of the Show - Prof Simon Mitchell's CO2 Presentation

Great venue and well worth the travel across the equator!
    Well done Leigh and Roz!
    See you in 2012

Cheers

Nick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast