+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Liquivision X1 Loosing Connection with X-Link

RBW Member RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7/Predator

CUDA 650

Liquivision X1 Loosing Connection with X-Link

Hi there,

I'm writing on behalf of a friend that have a Megalodon Apecs 2.7 with a X-Link hardwired, It calibrate correctly using a calibration kit, but when he dive with the unit and reach certain depth, the X1 stop reading the cells, when he ascent back between 6-10 meters the X1 start showing the PO2 again.

This meg head was sent to ISC, when they dive it potted to 200ft and report no failures.

One month ago an update was applied to the X-Link but it still present same behavior, since my friends have no evidence that the update succeeded, I've made the update again yesterday and we gonna make a new test this weekend.

Anyway does everybody out there experienced same behavior?

[]'s
    Roger

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Meg 2.7 :) - of course

Megalodon 2.7

Re: Liquivision X1 Loosing Connection with X-Link

Hi Roger,

I have the same setup ( 2.7 & Hardwired x-Link), i havent noticed anything wrong with mine, can you tell me at what depth it doesnt read and also what new update did your friend get for his x-link?

Hopefully it will be sorted out soon, have ye conntacted the factory and asked if this is happening to others?

Thanks

RBW Member jpage is on a distinguished road jpage is on a distinguished road jpage's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

I have been experiencing intermittent loss of connectivity between the X1 and X-Link. I contacted Liquivision support regarding the issue and at their request provided them with photos of the IR transmitter/receiver on each device.

Liquivision then offered to replace the X-Link. Being the hardwired version, this is unfortunately rather inconvenient for me, so I've just been running with a fixed setpoint until such time as I get an opportunity to have the X-Link removed and replaced.

RBW Member RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner's Avatar

CUDA 650

Hi Clive,

X1 stop reading PO2 about to 10-12 meters.

He get the update directly from Liquivision, it's was sent by e-mail.

Roger

CUDA 650

Quote Originally Posted by jpage  View Original Post
    I have been experiencing intermittent loss of connectivity between the X1 and X-Link. I contacted Liquivision support regarding the issue and at their request provided them with photos of the IR transmitter/receiver on each device.

Liquivision then offered to replace the X-Link. Being the hardwired version, this is unfortunately rather inconvenient for me, so I've just been running with a fixed setpoint until such time as I get an opportunity to have the X-Link removed and replaced.
    I'll ask to my friend forward the e-mail he received from Liquivision to see what they wrote, but IR screen can be a problem.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

hello guys,

i have the same version. i never had any issues so far and i am very happy about it no matter what people say.

may i know what kind of update was done to it? was it a hardware or software? this is rather strange...

please keep up informed.

P.S i suggest if you have a friend close by who is using the same set up, then ask him to change computers, and dive together. then you will know if it is the X1 or the Xlink that is the problem...

This is what i would have done.

Spyros

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

hello,
    i think its a bug and you should contact liquivision.
    you will get an update for your xlink.

regards anton

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

doublepost
    Last edited by anton610; 14th October 2010 at 07:18.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Meg 2.7 :) - of course

Megalodon 2.7

Thumbs down Re: Liquivision X1 Loosing Connection with X-Link

Quote Originally Posted by RogerioWagner  View Original Post
    Hi Clive,

X1 stop reading PO2 about to 10-12 meters.

He get the update directly from Liquivision, it's was sent by e-mail.

Roger
    Thanks Roger,

Will keep You posted if anything starts happening on my end ( touch wood )

CUDA 650

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    hello guys,

may i know what kind of update was done to it? was it a hardware or software? this is rather strange...

Spyros
    Hi Spyros, we've changed the X1 and the same behavior was observed. The upgrade was a new firmware, my friend received that update by e-mail, and since he is a Dentist and not so "computer friend", I've applied the update again, this weekend we gonna dive the unit to see what happen.

Quote Originally Posted by anton610  View Original Post
    hello,
    i think its a bug and you should contact liquivision.
    you will get an update for your xlink.
    regards anton
    We already get the update from liquivision...

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    Thanks Roger,

Will keep You posted if anything starts happening on my end ( touch wood )
    Thanks Clive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast