+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sony vegas help quality

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Unhappy sony vegas help quality

Hi Guys,
    i put pictures and video in one dvd after trips. the quality sucks, and i realize it is me and not the machine who has the problem. what rendering settings are you using to get good quality dvd's that are not too big to put on a dvd. i am using a sony HD video camera so the video is HD and the stills are high quality. but when i render and burn the video is very grainy and sucks. help please!!
    thanks
    mel

scubagrunt@gmail.com
    Last edited by scubagrunt; 6th October 2010 at 10:29.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Re: sony vegas help quality

Hey Mel,

Buy a Mac.

Import video at High Def resolution, then hit one button to export to iDVD application - add cool titles, etc, and then burn DVD's one after the other.

My 11 year old has been doing this since he was 8.

Remember - God uses a Macintosh, Rides a Harley, and Dives a Hammerhead. He smites Bill Gates, Rice Burners, and anyone from Belgium who makes Rebreathers.

So it shall be Written. So it shall be Done.

Kevin.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

God is also a yankees fan.

Ditto on the heyydudes recommendation... buy a mac.

Jeff Tindall icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima

I have Vegas Platinum Plus v8.0 or something like that. When editing (on a Windows machine mind you ) I make sure I am editing to the format that I expect to render it to. So for DVD, I do 720x480 or whatever it is. Then I make sure my frame is some multiple of that (so it will take up the full frame). My version included a DVD program so all I have to do from there is click the Make DVD button and it takes care of everything else. I've been pleased with the results. I'll see if I can sneak a few minutes when I get home to get some exact settings for you.

Cheers,
    Jeff

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Hey Mel,

Buy a Mac.

Import video at High Def resolution, then hit one button to export to iDVD application - add cool titles, etc, and then burn DVD's one after the other.

My 11 year old has been doing this since he was 8.

Remember - God uses a Macintosh, Rides a Harley, and Dives a Hammerhead. He smites Bill Gates, Rice Burners, and anyone from Belgium who makes Rebreathers.

So it shall be Written. So it shall be Done.

Kevin.
    gee thanks!!!!

meg & rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    God is also a yankees fan.

Ditto on the heyydudes recommendation... buy a mac.
    double gee thanks

RBW Member Alan is an unknown quantity at this point Alan's Avatar
    SF2

Ouroboros, Draeger

Mel,
    What program are you using (Pro, Studio)? What format did you capture with? I'll try to get a screen shot of my settings this afternoon. I typically have no problems with Vegas Pro.
    Alan

meg & rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Alan  View Original Post
    Mel,
    What program are you using (Pro, Studio)? What format did you capture with? I'll try to get a screen shot of my settings this afternoon. I typically have no problems with Vegas Pro.
    Alan
    i'll check but i think i have pro. i capture in whatever the settings are. where can i go to look and see what that is? i think it is the rendering as the pictures are crap too and they are simply dragged and dropped in and they are high quality. let me know what you can thanks
    mel

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Now, Mel...

If I came to you and said "I keep banging my head up against the top of the cave! What am I doing wrong??" and you said "get yourself a Wing with a proper Inflator" I should listen to your advice, yes?

But hey, don't listen to the guy who produced over 50 films and edited the last dozen or so on a Mac..... What could HE possibly know...?

Kevin.

((In case you're wondering, this post is tongue-in-cheek - I know there are good PC editing programs out there too, so you Microsoft Clones don't get all huffy with me... Computers and Rebreathers are like Religion...! ))

RBW Member diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Hey Mel,... Remember - God uses a Macintosh, ...
    So it shall be Written. So it shall be Done.Kevin.
    I just love these religious discussions...