+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Victoria, B.C. Canada

RBW Member NDT--J is an unknown quantity at this point NDT--J's Avatar

Hi from Victoria, B.C. Canada

Hi everyone, I've lurked off and on this forum for about 7 years...lol. I worked as a commercial seafood harvester for about 8 years catching green sea urchins, swimming scallops and octopus wrangling. I also worked a couple years rigging fish farms.
    I wanted to pursue commercial diving further but decided on welding because it was steady good paying work and I was at home.
    After I was a fully certified welder I moved onto to be a welding inspector/NDT technician.
    I've wanted a rebreather since 1998 and have been following products, training ever since. I've been out of the water for too long and I want to get back in, the only problem now is....I'm not getting paid for it..lol!
    I'm looking forward to getting back in and diving a CCR.

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: Hi from Victoria, B.C. Canada

Welcome to the board, we have a growing group of CCR diver on Vancouver Island many of them in Victoria.

Cheers

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-limits  View Original Post
    Welcome to the board, we have a growing group of CCR diver on Vancouver Island many of them in Victoria.

Cheers

Al
    Thanks Al, I'm looking forward to diving some of the sweets spots I've seen during my years around the Island on a CCR.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Welcome to RBW. Lots of good stuff on here. There is some pretty good diving north of Victoria too
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Welcome to RBW. Lots of good stuff on here. There is some pretty good diving north of Victoria too
    I've logged about 7 months of commercial bottom time from 30ft-120ft alllll around Vancouver Island and sporty dives around some of the San Juan Islands.
    One of my most memorable dives was in Sayward near Campbell River while diving for green urchins in 30ft with visiblity over 100ft. and having a transient killer whale pass by.......talk about making a dry suit wet!

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Welcome to the forum, let us know if you want an in depth look at any of the RB around here. I am sure the boys would accommodate a show and tell session for you. We have (as far as I know) Megs, Revos, Inspo, Prisim and experience on a few more. Check out the local forum at zeeinkydarkness.com • Index page

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by diverrob  View Original Post
    Welcome to the forum, let us know if you want an in depth look at any of the Rebreather around here. I am sure the boys would accommodate a show and tell session for you. We have (as far as I know) Megs, Revos, Inspo, Prisim and experience on a few more. Check out the local forum at zeeinkydarkness.com • Index page

Rob
    Thanks Rob, the only CCR and SCR I've ever been able to check out were the BMR500 and a Dolphin during my commercial course.

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by NDT--J  View Original Post
    Thanks Rob, the only CCR and SCR I've ever been able to check out were the BMR500 and a Dolphin during my commercial course.
    PM me and I will set something up for you to come and see, I live in Colwood and dive a Meg and my buddy lives just down the street and dives a rEvo so you can have a look at both at the same time.

Rob

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Nice to meet you here on RBW

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Quote Originally Posted by diverrob  View Original Post
    PM me and I will set something up for you to come and see, I live in Colwood and dive a Meg and my buddy lives just down the street and dives a rEvo so you can have a look at both at the same time.

Rob

That's great Rob! I'll definitely take you up on the offer soon. The next month and a bit is a little hectic for me as I Just bought a house and have a few NDT/inspection exams to complete, but I would be really interested in checking out the units.

+ Reply to Thread