+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stuck solenoid

Pink - the new black JohnHard is an unknown quantity at this point JohnHard's Avatar
    Megalodon

Inspo, IDA

Unhappy Stuck solenoid

My solenoid seems to have got stuck in a locked position. For sure, it is not firing anymore and not "clicking" either.

I think it has been caused by some saltwater coming in through the oxygen feeder connector. I have taken the solenoid off from the head and rinsed it in fresh water hoping to dissolve any salt cristals, but no luck!

Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?

Want to go diving again...

Thanks!

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Stuck solenoid

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHard  View Original Post
    My solenoid seems to have got stuck in a locked position. For sure, it is not firing anymore and not "clicking" either.

I think it has been caused by some saltwater coming in through the oxygen feeder connector. I have taken the solenoid off from the head and rinsed it in fresh water hoping to dissolve any salt cristals, but no luck!

Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?

Want to go diving again...

Thanks!
    have you taken it apart? It is very simple mechanism.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member vov is an unknown quantity at this point vov's Avatar
    HH rebreather, Evolution+

pSCR

1) check battery
    2) chek IP of Your first stage
    3) try connect baterry direct to solenoid

it's depends from many case - how old Your solenoid? do You have spare to be shure? Simple way - connect another solenoid and if it works ... change it

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Jaksa solenoid removal.pdf

I have included a step by step procedure for disassembly and reassembly of the Jaksa solenoid.
    If you feel you had contamination with salt water, it will be best to disassemble your solenoid and give it a bath in a ultrasonic cleaner.
    There are 3 o-rings in the solenoid 2 hold the magnet in place and one at the base of the plunger assembly to create a seal. Be carefull of the one at the base assembly to not damage it. You can reuse it ( I have done so at least for 3 services) if it is damaged then you will need to contact ISC and request a replacement these are not included in their 0-ring kits.
    Hope this helps it is quite simple to do.

Gabe

Pink - the new black JohnHard is an unknown quantity at this point JohnHard's Avatar
    Megalodon

Inspo, IDA

Hi Gabe, where is the step by step?

I have taken the solenoid part apart from the Jaksa part (if you understand what I mean with this). The Jaksa part seem to be working when I power up the unit, but not the solenoid itself. Can I take this further apart?

Thanks all for answering!

Quote Originally Posted by divingabe  View Original Post
    Attachment 20918

I have included a step by step procedure for disassembly and reassembly of the Jaksa solenoid.
    If you feel you had contamination with salt water, it will be best to disassemble your solenoid and give it a bath in a ultrasonic cleaner.
    There are 3 o-rings in the solenoid 2 hold the magnet in place and one at the base of the plunger assembly to create a seal. Be carefull of the one at the base assembly to not damage it. You can reuse it ( I have done so at least for 3 services) if it is damaged then you will need to contact ISC and request a replacement these are not included in their 0-ring kits.

Gabe

Megalodon

Inspo, IDA

Found the step by step - must be blind

Quote Originally Posted by divingabe  View Original Post
    Attachment 20918

Gabe

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

the only additional comment I'd add to Gabe's step by step, is that newer Meg's include a cintered filters to help prevent any gunk from getting into the Solenoid in the first place...

If you don't have it - might want to consider getting one added next opportunity your having something else done.

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHard  View Original Post
    Hi Gabe, where is the step by step?

I have taken the solenoid part apart from the Jaksa part (if you understand what I mean with this). The Jaksa part seem to be working when I power up the unit, but not the solenoid itself. Can I take this further apart?

Thanks all for answering!
    Yes follow the instructions and you will be able to break it down into all components and it will be easy to clean and reassemble and I am sure it will work just fine.

Gabe

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

It sounds like your assumption of water ingress could be correct.

It only takes a small amount to get in and stay there and it will corrode the plunger in the closed position.

The remedy....New solenoid.

Solenoid2.jpg

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    It sounds like your assumption of water ingress could be correct.

It only takes a small amount to get in and stay there and it will corrode the plunger in the closed position.

The remedy....New solenoid.

Attachment 20919

Regards,

Lance
    Wow - what rebreather is that off??

Cheers
    Matt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast