+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scupedia is LIVE!

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Scupedia is LIVE!

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick one to let you all know about a new project that I got asked to be involved with. Scupedia has been officially launched today and is aimed at everyone from those thinking about learning to dive, right up to those that have been diving for years and years :)

It is basically an online encylopedia for everything dive related. Its built using Wiki technology so anyone, and that means you, can use it, edit it and write pages for it. Any questions about the site or how Wiki works go right ahead and use this thread or check out the Media Wiki Help Page

Scupedia's only just starting out, but its our baby and we hope that you guys will all get in there and have a go too. There is a wealth of knowledge out there about rebreathers - so now's your chance :D

Get posting!

Lou
    Last edited by Louby Lou; 2nd March 2006 at 18:33.

I do all my own stunts shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back's Avatar

Re: Scupedia is LIVE!

VERY COOL ,
    Now I need a banner or logo (link) to place on my site.
    never mind I got it.

this is very nice and is a great tool, for every one :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Cool

I like it let's get writing then :)

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Right looks like we need a page on the Meg

PFO free :) pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Scupedia is LIVE!

Excellent, that is likely to be a great resource! Well done guys

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar
    Thanks for all the feedback :D We've had a fantastic response :D

Just a quick thought about adding to the site; it really is pretty simple. Anyone can edit the pages by clicking the edit button :)

To start a new page just click on a link to one thats not there allready (link will be red) so if you wanted to do a new page on a skill - you could edit the main Rebreather page and put a new link in then click on that link

The bottom of the new page you would then tell the system it was a cateory by saying [[Category Rebreathers]] and [[Category Dive Skills]]

Ta muchly :D

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

Stuart,

Quick question: What is your take on references to Wikipedia, or, in my particular case a reference + 1:1 translation of a German Wikipedia page about A.Bühlmann? I put a complete reference into the Scupedia article, but is that OK with you, or do you have other plans? Here's the article in question:
    http://www.scupedia.com/index.php/Bühlmann
    and here is the original (in German): http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=12682897

I should actually add the english translation the the english Wikipedia as well ...

+ Reply to Thread