+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TCD test for PFO

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Re: TCD test for PFO

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post
    Doug,

Your continued willingness to help, as both a diver and physician make RBW a valued resource.

Tobin
    and he is a cool guy to-boot
    give me a "D" give me a "O" give me a "U" give me a "G" gooooo doug

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Thanks, guys! I am just happy to help. You know that "do unto others....." thing you learned in Sunday school and all.

The info on the PFO study along with the forms to fill out are on the DAN website at DAN: Divers Alert Network - Scuba Diving and Dive Safety Association.

Bruce -- if I can be of any help, give me call (863-602-3410) or email me at debersole@pol.net

Doug

RBW Member MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV's Avatar

To distinguish the source of arterial (lung shunt or pfo), the time between injection of the bubblous medium and there detection has to be monitored. AFAIR the arrival of PFO transgressing bubbles is narrow centered in the time domain, whereas those from lung shunts should have a more even distribution.
    Well, this memories date back to 1996, so may have somewhat faded.
    Regards,
    Mat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2